0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: digital mixers setup

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2                 Date: 05-Aug-01  @  07:18 AM   -   digital mixers setup

gill

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have a tascam tmd1000(8ch + 4buss digital mixer) and an 2408 , and I am confused about monitoring in cubase. I used to use my tascams aux sends/busses to send the singals to cubase, with a gina card( 4busses +4 inputs. I now have 16 direct channels, and am wasting a lot of time reenabling audio tracks to monitor my midi synthtracks. specifically the 8 analog inputs on the 2408.
so, is there a function in cubase to lock these monitoring tracks on, or is this just the way things work when adding inputs into a system with A/D converter boxes, instead of buying a bigger mixer with more inputs. would switch over to a diff sequencer sovle this problem, logic or protools?
sorry for the long post, just new to this whole digital recording thing.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/2                 Date: 12-Aug-01  @  06:35 PM   -   RE: digital mixers setup

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

mate - can you explain this better - you ve got 8 analog in's on the 2408 - what is feeding them? if you have a 4 buss mixer are you feeding direct channel outs to the VST via the 2408 ?

i cant see the problem you can put all the 8 channels in VST into monitor mode (the button at the top of the channel is LIT... and of course those 8 channels have to have the right INPUT applied - and that is that.....

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum