0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

Viewing all 36 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/36                 Date: 02-Aug-01  @  10:45 PM   -   skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

skuzzbag (Jasper)

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Just uploaded my first track, loses a bit in the translation to mono. but you get the idea.

Let the slagging begin.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/36                 Date: 02-Aug-01  @  11:05 PM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

skuzzbag

I've uploaded a 40kbps version as well, cos quite frankly the 24kbps file sounds shit.

Message 3/36                 Date: 02-Aug-01  @  11:48 PM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

influx

Link?:  Link

how come no highs? I mean..no lead sounds or anything?

sounds kinda neat, but fuckall if I know how its supposed to sound. SHORT! I expected it to be longer

I bet it pounds on a big system, but..it just seems a little bland to me? like...unfinished?

but shiiit. my tracks probably seem the same way 

Message 4/36                 Date: 02-Aug-01  @  11:57 PM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

skuzzbag

Yeah, I agree. I wasn't really aiming for anything more than a dj-tool when I started it, so it hasn't really got a high. The bits after the breaks kick in with a different feel - but it's only really noticable on full frequency recordings. I haven't put any automation in yet so that might help.

I'll keep working on it, the arrangement only took 2 hrs, I'll be fiddling with it for weeks now. Thanks  

Message 5/36                 Date: 03-Aug-01  @  12:01 AM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

steve

Link?: Link

I think thats about the 1st time I`ve ever heard anything on the net labelled "techno" that sounds like ...well, techno. Top stuff that man, you`ve obviously paid your dues on the dancefloor depleting your stocks of seratonin ;)

refreshing to hear for sure.

Message 6/36                 Date: 03-Aug-01  @  12:57 AM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

xoxos

everything what steve said. nice saiding, steve. plus it's like techno you can listen to quietly because there's new beat manifestation occuring a lot.

that 40kbps hits you like a ton of bricks when you've got the level all set and it's been loading for a few minutes..

Message 7/36                 Date: 03-Aug-01  @  01:09 AM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

influx

hehe rtek. funny the way "definitions" get flung about eh?

see..Ive never been a "raver" but I really can see where this would be a head trip. just dont like the ultra repetitive stuff. I know theres a reason for that...

but I would like to hear this on a big system. like I said I bet it pounds!

oh..and jasper..DONT DO WHAT YOU SAID YOURE GONNA DO. tweakin will come back and bite you finish it. today, tomorrow, whatever. get it sounded good and MOVE ON. I and many others can tell you this from experience!

Message 8/36                 Date: 03-Aug-01  @  02:51 AM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

k

BRILLIANT! - is it signed skuzzy ? - eh???? - fuck!... JASPER !!!!!! - that's you!!!?.. you sly sly sly old dog!!.. fucking hell, so have you been keeping quiet or something? that is just SUCH an infectious groove, club hit mate! - I'd sign it in an instant.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/36                 Date: 03-Aug-01  @  02:56 AM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

k

oh christ... Jock is probably fatboy slim or something it'll turn out  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/36                 Date: 03-Aug-01  @  03:01 AM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

influx

well we know what kilo likes. Im such an asshole I cant even get anything but a "your cd is coaster material, mate" 

Message 11/36                 Date: 03-Aug-01  @  04:03 AM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

roller8

oh shit! MAD drum work! I just heard some of that stuff this past weekend and in the wee hours it gets to be like mayhem in the club. It's definitely cool and sounds in the pocket with the records being played that night but like always I would like something uniquely characteristic to tell me it's your track when it gets mixed in. Otherwise, great stuff!

Message 12/36                 Date: 03-Aug-01  @  05:02 AM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

xoxos

ooh roller you didn't  

Message 13/36                 Date: 03-Aug-01  @  07:18 AM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

skuzzbag

Well I thought jasper was crap name to put to tracks so skuzzbag was born, thanks for the comments      , I'll keep that mix safe and tweak another version. It still sounds a bit sketchy to me in places so I've gotta do something else.

It does need a characteristic sound and still too short for a cut I reckon. but I'm so glad that you like it, and influx your not an asshole, your different tastes make you spot the stuff others wouldn't.

I want you to hear the stereo version, it works better, the reverse bits are phasing and everything.

Damn though, I didn't think it'd get this response, shit only another 2 years till my next track.

heh, k called Jock 'Fatboy' - he love you for that  

Message 14/36                 Date: 03-Aug-01  @  10:37 AM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

Panama

File?:  [image]

[image file]

total breakdance, my friend. this shit will get
the body spinnin! fuck, if I was a DJ, I'd throw
this track slab down in the middle of a deep
set... good work, Jasper

Message 15/36                 Date: 03-Aug-01  @  03:46 PM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

sitar

Yea that is awesome. Show me someone who could stand still while that is playing and I'll show you someone taking a dirt nap. Primal.

Message 16/36                 Date: 03-Aug-01  @  04:38 PM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

rhea

neato! just kidding...really nice prog. I can see it smashing a dancefloor even in Motor City. It reminds me of Jeff Mills' kind shit. I prefer more soulful stuff, but great track nonetheless.

Message 17/36                 Date: 03-Aug-01  @  04:39 PM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

rhea

"kind of shit"

Message 18/36                 Date: 03-Aug-01  @  07:12 PM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

Gitai Adir

Shit Dude, u r there, that is one pro track. Good for you !

Message 19/36                 Date: 03-Aug-01  @  10:16 PM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

Milan

that my friend, is one absolutely kick-ass track!!! its like geting repeatedly hit in the head by a pile driver. much respect! further. words like "fucking hell", "oh my god", and "run for cover" come to my mind. this shit would smash any dancefloor, methinks. and i havent heard any techno i liked in ages...

there ya go influx, this for example IS my cup of tea  

Message 20/36                 Date: 03-Aug-01  @  11:03 PM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

influx

ahahahaha!!! finally 

oh, and welcome back. didnt notice 

Message 21/36                 Date: 04-Aug-01  @  03:06 AM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

sitar

Cup of "t" as in "t"echno.

Message 22/36                 Date: 04-Aug-01  @  06:13 AM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

skuzzbag

Thanks  

Erm, so what about some critisism? like maybe the bass is a bit too loud for the whole mix?

Compared to cd's and that it does seem a bit bass heavy to me.

Message 23/36                 Date: 04-Aug-01  @  09:17 AM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

influx

so then why do you need us to tell you that? you just answered your own question! dont dillydally in the "Im not quite good enough" room for too fuckin long or youll drag yourself down

you got people STOKED. get the mix decent. or pay to have it mixed. send it to a label. people who like "techno" liked your track. I assume they have listened to a fair amount of "techno" and therefore the liking of your track indicates that it is on par with, maybe better than, other "techno"

hear me?

Message 24/36                 Date: 04-Aug-01  @  12:25 PM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

Jasper

Yes dad, I mean influx ;)

I just listened to the track for the first time since yesterday. ok I like it a lot. it's going to utility plastic once I pad it out to 5 mins and the version 2 is done.

Message 25/36                 Date: 04-Aug-01  @  03:05 PM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

sitar

When are ya going to finish the other track 'scuzzbag test'? :P

Message 26/36                 Date: 04-Aug-01  @  03:34 PM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

Jasper

It is finished, think it's too long?

In reality, I can't find out how to delete a track.

Message 27/36                 Date: 04-Aug-01  @  07:38 PM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

influx

you go to edit tracks. then hit "re-order" and the delete button will then show.

kilo..why did you do it that way?

Message 28/36                 Date: 04-Aug-01  @  11:58 PM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

psylichon

I think everyone's covered the adjectives... I just wanted to chime in my approval. Love the drums.... everything I would want in a rhythm track. Could use a lead and sparklies, but otherwise really something to be proud of...

psylichon

Message 29/36                 Date: 11-Aug-01  @  09:33 AM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

GT_vibes

*GASP*

This is so good, I had a tasty second listen.

This track will knock the bottom out in a club, kick ass Jasper...it'll have 'em in a floor frenzy.

Interested in an (possibly) equally slammin remix of it?

please email.

Message 30/36                 Date: 11-Aug-01  @  03:35 PM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

'H'ey you guys

thats it! sounds like ian void or craig walsh, something on tortured, or pounding grooves, it builds correct, it won't drag because of the funk, and thats good club techno! see?

Message 31/36                 Date: 11-Aug-01  @  04:28 PM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

Jasper

Cheers  

I'm working on the follow up now I'm back from Ireland.

GT_vibes I've mailed you btw.

Message 32/36                 Date: 12-Aug-01  @  06:34 PM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

monkeyboy

wicked, wicked, wicked, loved it, cheers.

Message 33/36                 Date: 20-Aug-01  @  04:21 PM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

GT_vibes

Hey Jasper,

Can you email again please? Yahoo supports Special Olympics.

Message 34/36                 Date: 03-Oct-01  @  12:48 PM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

woxy

uh - i catch on 1,000,000 years after everyone else

skuzzbag 01 is fucking mental. brilliant! you gotta get this signed - - - it will rip up dancefloors.

get it on wax pronto!

nice one
woxy

Message 35/36                 Date: 03-Oct-01  @  05:25 PM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

k

yeah, we'll have one of those tracks for the CD thanks jasp' mate - we are getting together this friday to start listening & shortlisting the tracks.

Message 36/36                 Date: 04-Oct-01  @  12:42 AM   -   RE: skuzzbag - dirty ass techno

Jasper

Cheers  

I'm going to upload a new more grungy version of skuzzbag tomorrow if it still sounds good.

Viewing all 36 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

There are 36 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum