0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: New Sound Set Problem

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 24-Jul-01  @  11:29 PM   -   New Sound Set Problem

tron

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I just downloaded the new O.S. 4.1 and new sound set. The O.S. loaded fine and so did the sound set. The only problem I have is the new sound set isn't new. The one that came with it is the original sound that came with the nova. I don't know if I'm preforming an error or not. If anyone is having the same problem or knows what a fix might be please reply to this message.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 25-Jul-01  @  01:05 AM   -   RE: New Sound Set Problem

inzite

Link?: Link

Hey,

I don't know if I would call it a problem, but I'm experiencing the same as you are.
There are however a few "new" sounds, although far from what I expected from this new sound set.

Message 3/5                 Date: 25-Jul-01  @  03:16 PM   -   RE: New Sound Set Problem

k

Link?: Link

mebbe the new soundset is to allow the sounds to work with the new OS correctly??...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/5                 Date: 26-Jul-01  @  12:23 PM   -   RE: New Sound Set Problem

E...

Link?:  No link

I think the new OS's can now cope with soundsets from any of the Nova or Supernovas.
The old sounds don't need to be reworked.

Message 5/5                 Date: 26-Jul-01  @  07:33 PM   -   RE: New Sound Set Problem

psylichon

Link?:  Link

Except for sounds that use a square wave with pulse width at -64 or +63... the new OS won't make a sound whereas the old one did.

Programs that use distortion could probably use a little taming in the new OS as well.

Kinda off the topic, but related to architectural differences between the OS's: I really miss being able to modulate resonance when I use the new filters. It's great to get a low boomy resonant sound at low frequencies and then decrease res up at the top cutoff so you don't have a wet, whistling sound. With the new filters, "resonance" in the mod matrix controls filter width which, don't get me wrong, is a killer mod full of great sound-generating capabilities... but I want to be able to modulate both! Oh well, I'll just have to NPRN's in Sonar...

psylichon

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum