0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: drum samples

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7                 Date: 10-Jun-01  @  08:03 PM   -   drum samples

jerry

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

For hard house tecno any idea´s please

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/7                 Date: 10-Jun-01  @  08:52 PM   -   RE: drum samples

k

Link?: Link

how dya mean?.. where to look?. what to buy?.. do you have a s/w like wavelab to make your own?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/7                 Date: 11-Jun-01  @  11:01 AM   -   RE: drum samples

jer

For me sampler,u see I have trouble picking the right sounds out for my drum track´s? So I´m thinking of mybe a sample cd with the sounds already put into groups... at the mo I dont have any software.........about wavelab how does it work can I read up on it anywere

Message 4/7                 Date: 11-Jun-01  @  09:47 PM   -   RE: drum samples

k

well Wavelab is just a stereo editor, but you can import basic drum samples and mangle them with fx etc to make new drum sounds..... but what's more important here is how do you intend to get any samples IN to your sampler?.. and what type of samples does it read?.. does youir sampler read .wav files?.. if yes, you can also try s/w like STOMPER which makes custom analog drum sounds from scratch and is free! (stomper is listed here under PCWARE - do a search

also other editors can do this with drum samples (mangling) like cooledit-pro (which can be made to work for free (again see page here at DT for details as to HOW you can work it for free) - and soundforge of course which is the 'other' alternative popular stereo sample audio editor... they both can add plugin FX to samples and process the basic sample thru the FX -

So for example, take a basic analog kik sample, load her up, then apply eq, compression, pitchFX, distortion etc etc to get NEW banging harder kicks etc etc etc

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/7                 Date: 13-Jun-01  @  10:01 AM   -   RE: drum samples

jer

Yep, sounds good. What one of the above would you say was the best? I'd be quite happy to buy a decent software package. Any other suggestions on that? i'm really not that clued up on software. I'm planning on getting recycle so I'm gonna have to get my samples in to the PC and then back in to my sampler. Can cool edit pro do this? Will I be loosing any sound quality from chucking my samples in to my PC and back again? My sampler does read WAV-files. One more thing, having a shit sound card - would that make a difference to sound quality? Or doesn't it matter when you transfer using a zip? Thanks for the info.

Message 6/7                 Date: 13-Jun-01  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: drum samples

k

well wavelab, Soundforge & recycle all transfer samples digitaly via scsi so you dont get degredation, also if you port samples over via floppy disk again no degradation... there is also Wavesurgeon as an alternative to recycle - check it out in the S/Ware section of DT which is in PCWARE selectable from to top SITE selector.

Message 7/7                 Date: 13-Jun-01  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: drum samples

jim left

I´ll go take a look
cheers

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum