0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: What digital recorder??

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 08-Jun-01  @  04:20 PM   -   What digital recorder??

fink

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

such confusion over choosing a new desk. it started with the 01v and now i'm considering a digital recorder to assist with vocals in my songs, something i want to get into.

the trouble is, i am now out of my depth. i don't know much about these machines, what they have over a didgital mixer with say cubase vst and which model to choose.

shortlisted are the roland vs1680 (cheap but old), the akai dps16 (don't know about it), the korg d1600 (good review) or ultimately the yamaha aw4416 but the price for that is a bit steep.

any advice or information will be gladly taken.

the problem seems that not many people on these forums use these, do they???

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 08-Jun-01  @  04:56 PM   -   RE: What digital recorder??

gb

Link?:  Link

01v with adat option, adat card for the computer. You can record 8 tracks at a time using that combo.

Message 3/6                 Date: 08-Jun-01  @  05:00 PM   -   RE: What digital recorder??

k

Link?: Link

well if you already have the 01v inside budget & dont want to record to the pc drive direct, then what about the adat card for the 01V & an actual adat, the new digital model?.. you can multitrack to it with ease as the recorder using the adat card as the 8 subs from the mixer, then bounce tracks over to the pc digitaly via the adat card for an 01v mix from the pc tracks OR from adat innit??...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/6                 Date: 08-Jun-01  @  07:39 PM   -   RE: What digital recorder??

99devils

Link?: Link

There are a bunch of hard disk recorders with ADAT I/O, or even if you got a tascam with TDIF I/O you can get an 01V card for that too..

-Craig

Message 5/6                 Date: 15-Jun-01  @  06:18 PM   -   RE: What digital recorder??

8life8

u know fink I'm in the exact same situation, my senario is that my only sampler is a MPC wich is rather limeted as a sampler so for while I thought about getting a sp-808 and bounce stuff from my mpc and sp digitally along with grouped channels of the o1v, but I heard it had some timing issues ($cheap though$), then I though about the D12 cos it has great fx and a CDR wich is a major atraction for me) but I decided to pass and wait on the new roland sp/vs thingy can't recall what its called but its a 8 track VS studio with a CDR and a some SP sampling, just perfect for my needs as I'm starting to work with live musicans and producing demos is the next step ...

Message 6/6                 Date: 18-Jun-01  @  04:43 PM   -   RE: What digital recorder??

fink

wooah, what a weekend. my credit card company gave me some credit card cheques and i've gone and bought a s/h aw4416 with cdr.

the guy was selling it at a reasonable price and for weeks now all i've been doing is trying to come to a decision. the aw was the no. 1 contender but was so expensive. then i thought, i don't want to have to upgrade any time soon so i need the best i can get at the moment. then stay in from now right through summer and winter and probably pop out again next summer (studio tan!).

hopefully this has been the right choice. funnily enough, the aw2816 (i think?) has just been announced, but i'm happy now. hehe, looking forward to watching those faders move about on their own...

shit man, credit cards are the work of the devil i'm sure.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum