0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: High pitch sound when sampling...

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7                 Date: 04-Jun-01  @  09:18 AM   -   High pitch sound when sampling...

Freq3

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I have an Akai MPC 2000 and I'm having a probelm with getting rid of that really high pitch sound when sampling stuff from movies. How do you get rid of that high pitch? Thanx

Freq3

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/7                 Date: 04-Jun-01  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: High pitch sound when sampling...

k

a filter? - NR ?...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/7                 Date: 11-Jun-01  @  02:26 PM   -   RE: High pitch sound when sampling...

Pongoid

Try using a notch filter or a parametric EQ. I know that sound, and it's a pain in the ass to remove. Usually, there's a low freq hum that goes along with that high pitch as well. Both are a real bitch to remove without fucking up the sound entirely. Don't worry, yu are not alone in your woes. Wish I knew what actually cuases that sound.

Ape

Message 4/7                 Date: 14-Jun-01  @  04:23 PM   -   RE: High pitch sound when sampling...

nothingnewhere

if you can, record to a computer first and edit in a program like cool edit, you will be able to get rid of the sound in there much easier than inside the mpc.

Message 5/7                 Date: 17-Jun-01  @  03:47 PM   -   RE: High pitch sound when sampling...

Jasper

Link?:  No link

Probably due to the amount of mess that comes out of a video audio socket, the way round it is to buy an expensive video I should think.

Maybe the high pitch frequency is the video signal bleeding over.

Message 6/7                 Date: 04-Jul-01  @  09:26 AM   -   RE: High pitch sound when sampling...

BJT

Link?:  No link

Its not feedback is it? OR Aliasing?
I've noticed this sound on a number of independant choons.
This is why its good to have proper monitor speakers in my opinion,
so you can hear this and get rid of it.

Message 7/7                 Date: 27-Aug-01  @  12:34 AM   -   RE: High pitch sound when sampling...

Bastiaan (Hajee)

does the sound change when you sample a slightly different rate??? then it's most likely aliasing of some kind... do you hear the same sound coming from the source before it is sampled?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum