0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: how about a Midas !!?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 28-May-01  @  04:44 PM   -   how about a Midas !!?

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

How about it... they dont get nmentioned but they got a new Venice range of budget boards.. proper pro! - check em out two sweep mids and the Midas quality, 6 aux's etc etcand cos they are for live use, they got 4 sungroups which is exactly enuff for most pc/hd project studio's which require more inputs that subs - excellent - the 32 model is 2300 (UKP) at Thomann, 2800 for the 24 (dunno if that is misprint - and 1200 for the 16 chanel rackable version..

the 32/4:

http://www.midas-venice.com/320.html

The 24/4

http://www.midas-venice.com/240.html

The 16/4

http://www.midas-venice.com/160.html

j-j-juicey!!!!!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 29-May-01  @  03:40 AM   -   RE: how about a Midas !!?

damballah

Yeah, I work on one of their huge consoles occasionally at the 1,500 seat venue in town, and they're nice, but I dunno if they'd be worth the cost difference from a 24 ch/4 bus Allen & Heath (2 sweep mids on it, too) -- shit you could get the Allen & Heath and 2 channels of Grace or Tube Tech or (etc) mike pres for that.

Message 3/5                 Date: 31-May-01  @  04:34 AM   -   RE: how about a Midas !!?

k

which?... the GL2200 ?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/5                 Date: 31-May-01  @  06:04 AM   -   RE: how about a Midas !!?

damballah

Um, maybe not the grace designs pre. I'd thought I'd seen the 24 mono channel GL2200 for 1800 USD. Musicians Friend has them listed for 2600 USD. That 2300 UKP for the Midas 32 (which is a 24 mono channel design as well) today converts to 3277.91 USD. That's still close to 700 smackeroos difference that I'd have to think long and hard about. And the A&H is a mighty fine board. I like working on it live much as anything else I run into including a couple of K2s, some Yammie FOH boards & that huge Midas. then there's all the Mackie poop you run into working in clubs. nuff said about that though.

Message 5/5                 Date: 07-Jun-01  @  12:05 AM   -   RE: how about a Midas !!?

k

yeah but USD exchange rates are never applied in reality... wonder how it measures up in real life cash mo-ney.. nice boards tho, and something a bit different..

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum