0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Finalizer worth it??

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 24-May-01  @  02:59 AM   -   Finalizer worth it??

8life8

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

simple, is it? I have no out-board gear (my kit sounds great straight out =), all mixing is done on a 01v .. what would I gain from a finalizer, will it give me that "big label" sound? or can plugins do just the same?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 24-May-01  @  06:16 AM   -   RE: Finalizer worth it??

damballah

Link?: Link

if you need to ask, you can probably find a better use for that amount of cash

Message 3/6                 Date: 24-May-01  @  05:00 PM   -   RE: Finalizer worth it??

808life

well sue me!! I need to ask becouse I've never heard a finalizer ... I don't even have much expriance w plugins, so dunno .. I'm finishing up a track and I was wondering if it would b worth it to rent a finalizer along w the cdr... guess Im not as smart as u, but then again what the hell do u think this form is for...

Message 4/6                 Date: 24-May-01  @  10:30 PM   -   RE: Finalizer worth it??

BassProShop

you'll be hearing from my lawyer.

no, seriously, one of the most heinous things you can do to one of your carefully crafted and mixed tracks is to suck the life out of them by overdoing the compression. more people end up mangling than mastering. ask mastering engineers their thoughts on finalizers. if you have one of the major sequencer packages or editors you can inflict the same kind of damage with plugins. big labels get the big label sound by having someone who is an experienced professional -- one who wasn't involved in the composing, tracking or mixing -- master the track.

so make as dynamic mix as you can. if you feel the need, rent the finalizer and also run it through that. give it a try. but hang on to your safety copy.

Message 5/6                 Date: 25-May-01  @  02:28 AM   -   RE: Finalizer worth it??

8life8

thanks for the "words of wisdom".. my problem is that I need to bridge the gap between my "basement sound" and the higher end production u hear form the labels and I thought the finalizer was the answear, but then again I just picked up a brilliat p funk CD (she that cat thang by Sir Drew) and his sound is well "basement" so I guess its not the end of the world.

Message 6/6                 Date: 25-May-01  @  05:30 AM   -   RE: Finalizer worth it??

bps

you've got a lot of the tools you need in that 01V -- what is it, like 32 dynamics processors, parametric eqs, effects. keep at it, you'll get it. it's better to get it right in the mix than to try to fix it with a mastering box.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum