0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: SCSI-internal or external?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 14-May-01  @  11:37 PM   -   SCSI-internal or external?

seenull

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am ready to implement SCSI with my e6400. My question is: what are the advantages of mounting the hard-drive inside or outside the e6400? My (limited) understanding of SCSi says this shouldn't matter at all, but I'd appreciate any input.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 18-May-01  @  06:47 PM   -   RE: SCSI-internal or external?

influx

Link?:  Link

no difference whatsoever really, except that putting a hard drive in an external case takes a little extra work

the only thing is the "mounting kit" from Emu is $30 which is pretty high for what you get. lame. I like the internal idea though because then the drive is there and goes with you wherever you take the sampler

Message 3/5                 Date: 29-May-01  @  01:24 AM   -   RE: SCSI-internal or external?

k

Link?: Link

i'd use a jaz or zip myself, but does that mean you gotta fit an external scsi connector or does the 6400 have it ready to go? - i mean a zip is like 80 quid or so now, rediculous

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/5                 Date: 29-May-01  @  07:23 PM   -   RE: SCSI-internal or external?

seenull

Link?:  No link

Yeah, the 6400 comes with a SCSI connector, and I've got a Zip connected now. I have a lot of problems with it though. It crashes in the middle of loading a bank about 30% of the time. I'm hoping a SCSI HD will be a bit more reliable.

Message 5/5                 Date: 04-Jun-01  @  08:21 PM   -   RE: SCSI-internal or external?

influx

Link?:  Link

no reason the zip should crash. sure you got the ids set right? termination at both ends?

I liked the convenience of a hard drive, tell the truth. didnt catch if you had an ultra or not, but if so, you might want to go IDE as that buss is faster than scsi in the ultras. Then you can just use SCSI for sample transfers

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum