0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Lady Dynamite - Booo!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 28-Apr-01  @  04:05 PM   -   Lady Dynamite - Booo!

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

interesting cos the 'bass' is a dostorted overdriven bassdrum... send it thru a comp, thru and outboard eq, crank the eq bass up, then crank up the kik mixer channel gain and adjust the kik channel bass to roll the booom on/off... sample and pitch tune.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 28-Apr-01  @  04:07 PM   -   Lady Dynamite - Booo!

k

interesting cos the 'bass' on that track is an overdriven kick.. heh heh.. shit, that was one of my secret weapons!.. send the kik to a comp (or not, it's not too important with drumbox kiks), then thru an outboard eq & cracnk th e bass on the eq unit... then into mixer channel and overdrive the gain hard up.. adjust the kik channel bass eq to adjust the boom length and trim the gain toi adjust graininess/drive... sorted !!!!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5                 Date: 29-Apr-01  @  07:20 AM   -   RE: Lady Dynamite - Booo!

k

here's the track... this is a current big swinger new artist/track on the garage scene for all the newbies interested in what's going on and the standards for production/material

Message 4/5                 Date: 29-Apr-01  @  07:23 AM   -   RE: Lady Dynamite - Booo!

k

you can hear after the first 'boom' kik section drops out there is two distinct different tuned kik's... so thats how you get the two different tuned 'Boom' kiks when they get distorted thru the eq/gain... trust me i've been using that technique for about 7 years and thats how they are doing it.

Message 5/5                 Date: 08-Jun-01  @  03:25 AM   -   RE: Lady Dynamite - Booo!

k

that kick 'eq-in' with tuned kik samples sound is getting about now since Boo, i've heard it on a few tracks now

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum