0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: hi-hat programming

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 26-Apr-01  @  06:30 PM   -   hi-hat programming

seenull

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello all, hope this isn't too similar to len's post ;) I'm having trouble with my hats. Sound quality is fine, but they just don't roll. I'm working on some D+B breaks, and the hats are definitely a problem. Are straight sixteenth notes the way to go? Mine sound very stiff. Adding swing doesn't sound right, and delay seems to just muddy things up at that tempo. Also, when I use very short notes, the hats sound too choppy, but long notes are too noisy. Should I be timecompressing long hats into short hats? AAAGGHHH!!! Any help here would be much appreciated.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 27-Apr-01  @  03:13 AM   -   RE: hi-hat programming

nothingnewhere

Link?: Link

reverse reverb. mmm.

Message 3/5                 Date: 27-Apr-01  @  12:22 PM   -   RE: hi-hat programming

Jasper

try using decay to shorten the notes rather than a shorter note on the sequencer.

Message 4/5                 Date: 27-Apr-01  @  06:50 PM   -   RE: hi-hat programming

shpongledboy

Try to lower velocities of every second note. Try to put them so quiet that you can't almost hear them. Also try to cut off attack and hi frequencies a bit from the notes that are lower velocities.

Message 5/5                 Date: 27-Apr-01  @  07:50 PM   -   RE: hi-hat programming

k

Link?: Link

post up a file - thats what it's for !!!! - then we can load the groove and take a look at the problem

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum