0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Hip Hop

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2                 Date: 20-Apr-01  @  07:57 AM   -   Hip Hop

psylichon

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I was just wondering if anyone here ever enjoys some good ol' hip-hop on occasion? I never really was a fan of the genre. Then I moved to Philly and started working at a studio in Chinatown, and now it's fuckin' sunk into my skin. Hip-hop gets put down by a lot of people for a lot of reasons (hey, I used to be one of those people), but some of the the most well-produced grooves in the world are found on old school hip-hop tracks. Huge, tubby drums, crazy basslines. And scratching... fuckin' a man... whole 'nother world.

I'd love to see more of a fusion of hip-hop and trance music. There are "clubby" hip-hop tracks, but I'm talking about crazy tripped out rap shit. Outkast shit. There's some great stuff out there... anyone doing it?

This is a great board, but at times it feels so... white... there's gotta be some unquantized rhythm somewhere here ?

psylichon

p.s. I'm white as a ghost, but when I'm programming I like to pretend I'm not. And then I'm not.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/2                 Date: 20-Apr-01  @  08:01 AM   -   RE: Hip Hop

psylichon

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I have no idea why I started this thread in this forum. Not really relevant. Please reply in the music tech forum. Too much puff puff for psylichon

psyichon

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum