0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: k2000... yummy...

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13                 Date: 12-Apr-01  @  09:45 PM   -   k2000... yummy...

Defector Z

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

http://www.execpc.com/~ddg/k2000.html

That's a link to a good tutorial for the k2000. I'm still working on a ver. 3 manual and an instructional video in English. I've nothing against Korea, and I certainly wouldn't turn down an opportunity to learn the language, but as the video is in Korean, and I don't speak Korean, the video is somewhat less than useful for me.

Anyhow, I have a Doepfer pocket control, and I would love it if some had a program that controls the k2000. Anyone? I suppose I could create it myself, the editor looks easy enough, but I'd rather cut corners. ;-) Anyone?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/13                 Date: 13-Apr-01  @  06:12 PM   -   RE: k2000... yummy...

mikec

It depends on the program in the K2000.

You just program your own modulation sources. The K2000 can be modulated by any CC and much more.

If you have questions on how to use the thing, just fire away and I'll answer them.

MikeC

Message 3/13                 Date: 16-Apr-01  @  12:07 AM   -   RE: k2000... yummy...

psylichon

I've never used a pocket control, but it should be easy to set up with your Kurzweil. Just start with any program in the Doepfer. When you're programming your Kurzweil sound, just go to the Mod Source you want to conrol with the Doepfer, hold "enter" on the Kurzweil, and wiggle the fader you want to use on the Doepfer. If your MIDI is routed right, whatever that fader for that program is set to will now control said parameter in the Kurzweil. Make sense? You should be able to reprogram all your sounds quite easily this way.

psylichon

Message 4/13                 Date: 16-Apr-01  @  02:30 PM   -   RE: k2000... yummy...

Defector Z

Getting the PC to control the k2000 looks like a piece of cake - just need the time (and patience) to get it done. Many personal issues need sorting out first. Usually, I am able to channel turmoil into music - recently, that has not been the case. Doesn't make sense... Anyhow - I would need to reassign all the settings in the k2000 (or PC) for every patch, right? I mean, given that the architecture varies from one alg to another, there isn't a set cc that controls the filter. True?

Message 5/13                 Date: 16-Apr-01  @  03:03 PM   -   RE: k2000... yummy...

mikec

That's right. There is no filter on a sound unless you explicitly put one there.

Unless you're using the filter on the KDFX board (k2500/k2600).

If you want everything to gp through a standard filter, you can just make a program with the DSPs setup as a filter. Then to route different samples through it, just change the Keymap. When you exit you can save to another program.

MikeC

Message 6/13                 Date: 16-Apr-01  @  03:31 PM   -   RE: k2000... yummy...

Defector Z

Hmmmm. I don't think it's gonna work then. I want to have the have all those knobs set up when I'm programming the synth for a specific sound. Not tweaking one in live use, you know? That kinda sucks. I'm gonna have to come up with something else. Can't wait to get the ver. 3 manual. :-)

Message 7/13                 Date: 17-Apr-01  @  06:04 PM   -   RE: k2000... yummy...

k

heh heh, heard that Ministry of Sound sanches CD?.. starts with a K2000 patch intro

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/13                 Date: 23-Apr-01  @  10:08 PM   -   RE: k2000... yummy...

Defector Z

Well - I finally got a SCSI cable that works, so I am now able to use the cd's I got with the piece, as well as the sampling option. I have the Power Tools and Electron Bomb (I prefer to think of it as Electronic Bong...) cd's. I'll have a go at the sampling tonight. It's amazing how good this thing sounds. I mean, so lush and warm - a great addition to my kit, and it is a perfect companion to my XT.

Message 9/13                 Date: 29-May-01  @  11:03 PM   -   RE: k2000... yummy...

k

Link?:  Link

d dfg dst ret ert

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/13                 Date: 29-May-01  @  11:03 PM   -   RE: k2000... yummy...

k

test

Message 11/13                 Date: 29-May-01  @  11:12 PM   -   RE: k2000... yummy...

k

test

Message 12/13                 Date: 31-May-01  @  11:49 PM   -   RE: k2000... yummy...

gb

Don't tell me... You're testing something ?

Message 13/13                 Date: 02-Jun-01  @  05:09 PM   -   RE: k2000... yummy...

k

test... yup :-) heh heh

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum