0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Is Yam A4000 the solutions?

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 12-Apr-01  @  08:31 AM   -   Is Yam A4000 the solutions?

Johan_wuyts

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi there,

I am in search for a samples and since the a4000 is 'cheap' it might be a best choise. But i've heard some bad things about the sample quality from the yam samplers. Does somebody know if the a4000 can compete to emu and akai?
For example, can you hear the difference from the original if you sample a dry kickdrum (does it still has the pulse).

I have a PC system with a SCSI card for my CDR. Is it (easy) possible to swap samples from the PC and the SCSI hd in the a4000. I've heard that the filesystem from the a4000 is different then MS-DOS so how is it possible?

Thanks for any reply.

Greets johan

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 12-Apr-01  @  05:28 PM   -   RE: Is Yam A4000 the solutions?

hajee

Link?: Link

soundwise the A4000 is perfect..it's got punch clarity and is generally one of the best sounding samplers i know off. the flaws in it's design are the slow scsi and maybe the sometimes somewhat sluggish knobs....it's synth engine, fx and filters are very very good and make it come alive n a big way....it's operating system supposedly is kinda hard for people that are uses to akai or emu....

Message 3/4                 Date: 18-Apr-01  @  10:10 AM   -   RE: Is Yam A4000 the solutions?

BJT

Hows the Midi response, on an a4000?
Is it tight for drumtracks?

Message 4/4                 Date: 19-Apr-01  @  01:16 PM   -   RE: Is Yam A4000 the solutions?

Jasper

it's as tight as you'll get if your using a pc. there are ways to ensure rigid timing by placing samples into banks.

the file system is crap though (IMO), you can import wav and aiff files (but only from floppy and only one at a time) and you can export aiff files.

it's best to miss it altogether and use scsi and a pc to transport samples.

it has a wierd way of organising disks, basically you can't create sub-directories so a certain amount of pre-planning when formatting and partitioning disks is required.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum