0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: MPC2K:Flash rom sample saving

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 05-Apr-01  @  10:52 PM   -   MPC2K:Flash rom sample saving

pali

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've got a flash rom board for the MPC2K for live get out of jail quickly situations. If I save sounds to the rom as .SND when i load the program only a few Kb of memory is taken up d/t the benfit of having the data in the flash rom. However if i save as .wav (which is what I want to do now I have a PC) when I load up a program and samples off the flash rom they take up main memory, with no benefit of using the flash rom.

Any ideas? Also how do I get in contact with Akai to let them know its time they updated their naff os!

Also any suggestions for improving the MPC2K os? I think we need better setup for use with an external sequencer big style. well over due.

Any news on that midi filter thing?

Cheers
pali

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 06-Apr-01  @  01:46 AM   -   RE: MPC2K:Flash rom sample saving

8life8

u lucky git, prehaps it's only ment to b for .snd files I dunno I ain't as flasy as u and I've never used a mpc w flash ram (does the 8 megs flash add on to the 32? makeing it 40meg in total? anyway u can contact/bitch at akai at www.akaipro.com

the midi filter thing.. u mean the hands on MFC? looks awsome a great marketing move by akai, I'll take 3 of them please) the mpc is going to sound sooo good passing through analouge filters (everything does   and it seam like they'll have full midi and memory so each time u dial up a session your mfc will set itself acordingly, and the MPC does a great job at bit converting so u could say that the day's of the sp1200 r over!!!

Message 3/3                 Date: 06-Apr-01  @  11:09 PM   -   RE: MPC2K:Flash rom sample saving

pali

Lucky git? Hard earned, by teaching guitar to morons with no talent and no hope of anything other than mummy and daddy buying them a new amp because that will stop them sounding crap!

Yeah thanks for the info, I recommend it using smaples saved as .snd you get 40mb nearly. the mpc has to copy a pointer to the sample in flash rom into main memory so you loose a few 10's of KB for a 64 sample program.

it rocks. I think its much better value for the convience etc etc compared to the effects board which is VERY limited. One crash at a gig and you need to be back up and running ASAP so flash rom is the way to go expensive though.

Cheers
pali

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum