0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Mackie 1604 vs Behringer MX3242X

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8                 Date: 05-Apr-01  @  11:53 AM   -   Mackie 1604 vs Behringer MX3242X

dubhead

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey guys, I'm a little stumped on choosing a 16 ch mixer for my MOTU 828 that I just ordered. My choices are either the Mackie 1604 VLZ Pro or the Behringer Eurorack MX3242X. The Mackie seems to be better by spec in the S/N ratio and user reviews. However, the Behringer has dual channels inputs where I can plug the outputs of the 828 into the tape ins. I don't really want to use a patchbay and it would be nice having 32 inputs opposed to 16.

Basically, it's sound quality vs input quantity. Somebody please help me decide.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/8                 Date: 05-Apr-01  @  03:25 PM   -   RE: Mackie 1604 vs Behringer MX3242X

mikec

Link?: Link

Don't overlook the excellent Allen & Heath range of mixers.

Check them out.

MikeC

Message 3/8                 Date: 06-Apr-01  @  03:43 PM   -   RE: Mackie 1604 vs Behringer MX3242X

Defector Z

Off topic:

Mike - good to have you back around here. I've missed your knowledgable contributions. How's England treating you? You're in London, right?

Message 4/8                 Date: 06-Apr-01  @  06:44 PM   -   RE: Mackie 1604 vs Behringer MX3242X

99devils

I suspect the Amiga forum was put here specifically to lure him back ;)

Good to see you again Mike

-Craig

Message 5/8                 Date: 06-Apr-01  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: Mackie 1604 vs Behringer MX3242X

mikec

Gentlemen....

The Amiga forum is a good addition, of course, but I think I'm the only person adding anything new. ;)

Slowly getting a bit more time these days so I can afford to do a bit of posting with replies somewhat more detailed than recently. No time to do any music though. Soon I'll have a chance. I'm shrivelling up not being able to write anything.

England is fine, Defectaaaaar. Yes, I'm in London now. It's quite good. I used to hate the place, but now I'm living here I'm enjoying it.

MikeC

Message 6/8                 Date: 08-Apr-01  @  12:04 AM   -   RE: Mackie 1604 vs Behringer MX3242X

influx

Link?:  Link

to the original post..have a look at the alesis studio32...same as the behringer with 16 tape returns.

I didnt even realize the behringer was OUT. I remember it being talked about but I forgot about it

Message 7/8                 Date: 26-Apr-01  @  02:19 PM   -   RE: Mackie 1604 vs Behringer MX3242X

Malkytrance

go for the mackie built better last longer i got through 3 behringers in a row, brand new always had faults like channel 3 not working ,left side of aux 2 return gone and thats out of the box, got worst as time went on its a door stop now, gor a mackie even second hand perfect, good sound
hope this helps, some cheap alternatives are false economy

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 8/8                 Date: 27-Apr-01  @  07:50 PM   -   RE: Mackie 1604 vs Behringer MX3242X

x-ego

amen to that.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum