0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Deejay & deejay kit

Subject: Product Warning: Ortofon Cartridges

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2                 Date: 01-Apr-01  @  02:04 PM   -   Product Warning: Ortofon Cartridges

loFreq

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

On the TT tip, the tonearms on my wonderful 2yr young tech-1200s are now screwed, all thanks to our friends at Ortofon. Let this be a warning. The Ortofon carts that look like bananas, it doesnt matter which color or model, WILL destroy your turntables. I am not alone in this, my roomate has a other wise perfect 1200 with the same problem. What happens is that the contacts on the cart are too long and will eventually push the contacts in the tonearm inside so far that they dont work anymore. Or at least cut from one channel to another( thats what mine are doing). So save your self the hassle and some money (they are really expensive and the repair isnt free either), and buy the version that mounts on the head shell that comes with your TT.

Don't be a victim!

Shawn

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/2                 Date: 09-Apr-01  @  08:10 AM   -   RE: Product Warning: Ortofon Cartridges

loFreq

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I wanted to make sure that i clairify which Ortofon cartriges are involved. This applies to ANY Ortofon cart that include the entire shell, the ones that kinda look like bananas. It of course(duh) does not apply to the standard headshell mount cartridges. I will also say that, aside from this problem, I lOVB Ortofon carts. They track great, sound awesome and are durable as heck. I will most likely buy the headshell mount version due to the tracking and that i already have like 6 used styli sitting around, which is always nice to have in case of actually breakage. I hope this post stops at least one person from messing up their tonearms.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum