0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Behringer Truth?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7                 Date: 26-Mar-01  @  01:43 PM   -   Behringer Truth?

suprsi

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Anyone come across these monitors? They're pretty new, but spec's wise seem mighty impressive.

Here's a link......

http://www.behringer.de/eng/products/studiomonitors/b2031.htm

Si.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/7                 Date: 17-Apr-01  @  10:54 AM   -   RE: Behringer Truth?

suprsi

Link?:  Link

Well I went and got myself a set of these without listening to them, purely on the specs and what I'd heard about them. Bit of a dodgy move, especially with monitors, but it's paid off.

Before I had these monitors I was using a regular stereo, and while I haven't listened to many other types of monitors (so I can't make decent comparisons) I can't believe how good the sound from these beauties is!

They pack a massive punch - 150watt sub amplifier, and 75watt tweeter amp. I accidently forgot to turn the volume on the computer down an played one kick sample and I swear there was a sonic boom in my room!! Each unit weighs a hefty 15kg, and they are extremely well built. Tapping the things with your knuckles returns that solid sound - nothing hollow or cheap about these things.

When I got them I started listening to tracks that I'd loved on my old stereo, and the difference is amazing. I can hear everything!! Admittedly, I did put a Delta 44 in my PC as well, so that would help, but still, I've been nothing but amazed by these monitors. Highly recommended.

Si.

Message 3/7                 Date: 24-Apr-01  @  09:43 PM   -   RE: Behringer Truth?

x-ego

I wonder who they stole the idea from? Probably why there aren't any specs...

Message 4/7                 Date: 24-Apr-01  @  10:24 PM   -   RE: Behringer Truth?

futureretro777

alot of folks say its a stolen design! but the mackies have a large passive radiator in the back. and the truths use two small ports on the front. two very diff ways of making bass. but im shure they had ther eyes on mackie

Message 5/7                 Date: 25-Apr-01  @  05:44 PM   -   RE: Behringer Truth?

k

fucking mackie, all they ever do is wank on about people stealing their designs... jesus christ!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/7                 Date: 25-Apr-01  @  07:00 PM   -   RE: Behringer Truth?

Milan

Weeeell...Behringer copies Mackie mixers with permission as far as i know, as an even cheaper alternative.

The Truth looks a lot like Mackie´s HR824, espetially the rear panel. can you name other monitors in this class which have "room conpensation"?. The specs are not the same though, 75W tweeter instead 100W, 50Hz instead of 37Hz, and the "mute" function on Truth looks a lot like where the +2/-2db switches are on the Mackie HR´s. Plus there´s the case of the missing radiator.

All in all, it seems to me like Behringer buys the chasis from Mackie, and then builts in own parts leaving gaps where mackie included aditional fuctions.

Since I own a pair of Mackies, i can only say that they are the BEST nearfields you can get after Genelecs 1030A, Dynaudio BM16 and the like, all of which cost about twice as much.

In their price bracket NOTHING can touch them!

Message 7/7                 Date: 26-Apr-01  @  02:23 PM   -   RE: Behringer Truth?

Malkytrance

Behringer lost a court case for copying mixers thats why 2 yars ago they changed all the colours ive had 3 behringers as mixers and used a big one all faulty,cheap stuff god 3 in a row new all fucked.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum