0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: E5000 ultra is it worth it

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 10-Mar-01  @  11:00 PM   -   E5000 ultra is it worth it

BUG

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Anyone got a E5000 ultra, im getting one next week, but i havent had a propper look into it. I've also got soft samplers and a delta 66 i already use for samples, would the E5000 still be benifical to me (in trance composition). I want to use the adat card with my ov1, what d'ya reckon.

B

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 11-Mar-01  @  01:39 AM   -   RE: E5000 ultra is it worth it

phunkytek

if you are already useing samples and can filter and edit and play them real time no, but the emu samplers are powerful synths when the right sounds are loaded or created. Plus rfx gives some serious processing power and live applications. The e5ooo can be your drum box, synth, and phrase sampler, but when it comes down to it the final sound is often manipulated in the software at mix down, so if you have a powerful softsampler that works well at laying down tracks and you don't need the live sampler apps, then I would recomend saving your cash and puting it into your computer. faster cpu, ram etc. When i get a track done , I have manipulated all the audio, so the source could vary. The e-mu can do realy authentic acoustical and analog sounds. The quality is great, but many soft samplers allow faster manipulation and modulation than the hardware samplers, and the learning curve on the emu is high. for trance look into a nova, virus, and of coarse reason and other various soft synths. You could do a lot of trance with ppg wave vst, pro52, model-e etc. So if you are not giging it, stick with the software. Just make sure you export it to audio then you can really begin to manipulate the end results and put the song together. BTW, I have an e6400, and i love it, but it was hard to get good with it. I use it as my drums , but i make my own kits, and this is time consuming, strings and symphony, and for analog sounds i made from various pieces of gear i have owned. But reason will let you get right in adn go to work manipulating audio, playing loops, and phrases, as well as analog modeling stuff, and you can hit export and bounce it down to a mix and then free up cpu for more layering, all with vsy dynamics and midi automation.

Message 3/4                 Date: 11-Mar-01  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: E5000 ultra is it worth it

s20

Link?:  Link

Well worth it m8

i'm using ultra 4xt as my main sampler (with RFX32 installed) and to the contrary you could easily use it as the only machine!!! (4 dance tunes that is)

dada

Message 4/4                 Date: 11-Mar-01  @  09:46 PM   -   RE: E5000 ultra is it worth it

BUG

I know i might be wasting my money, but i realy wanna get into hardware sampling, i already use a cracked version of exs24 (sorry) and it does drums fine, but want as many sound sources as possible. Besides i can use my delta 66 to record and play back the sounds i'll have coming out of the E5000 (so in effect 6 extra outs).

Cant wait to get my hands on it.

Cheers for the info

b

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum