0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Big, Big, Big Trouble!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7                 Date: 25-Feb-01  @  05:10 PM   -   Big, Big, Big Trouble!

Bluey

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,

I'm still in shock...I can't beleive it. I was just going to create another partition in some spare space I had left on my hard disk, when one of the countless 'friendly' wizards came up with :

"There is no signiture on Disk 1, Do you want to write one?"

Now, as with most wizards you just go into autopilot and click 'next' repeatedly.....and my E5000 sampler's hard disk chugged a little - "oh no" I thought....disks start at 0, not 1.

It then hit me...I had just written a windows 2000 sig to my ultra's hard disk...and now the sampler cannot read anything on it!!!!

I know, I know...one moment of stupidity looks like it's gonna cost me, but before I reformat - does anybody know of a way to remove this sig, and get my files back?

Thanks!
(shaken) Bluey.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/7                 Date: 26-Feb-01  @  12:40 PM   -   RE: Big, Big, Big Trouble!

Chimp

Link?: Link

Ok firstly dont panic theres a really simple and easy way to reverse what youve done a guy who used to work a emu told me after I did the same just follow the steps on the above link an you be sorted in a few minutes

Message 3/7                 Date: 26-Feb-01  @  01:51 PM   -   RE: Big, Big, Big Trouble!

Bluey

Chimp,

Cheers for the reply....I've tried the following links with no success :

aduveebn.co.uk
aduveebn.co.uk
www.aduveebn.co.uk
www.aduveebn.com

I've also tried searching for 'aduveebn' in www.alltheweb.com which returned no results....help!

Bluey.

Message 4/7                 Date: 28-Feb-01  @  07:20 AM   -   RE: Big, Big, Big Trouble!

influx

Link?:  Link

I did that shit with wavelab...called Emu...and they told me there was no recovery. I reformatted

hopefully youve backed up?

Message 5/7                 Date: 28-Feb-01  @  11:23 AM   -   RE: Big, Big, Big Trouble!

Bluey

This is what I feared!

Never mind, I guess I'll reformat tonight....I telling myself that a fresh start will be good for me!  

Backups? Unfortunatly not...which brings me onto my next question :

How do you lot go about backing up your Emu hard disks? What devices do you use?

The only thing that springs to mind is plugging in a zip or jazz drive, and saving your banks to it....but that method strikes me as being rather primitive. I mean, is there no way to back it to your pc? Proprietary file systems are such a pain in the arse!!

Message 6/7                 Date: 28-Feb-01  @  08:38 PM   -   RE: Big, Big, Big Trouble!

influx

Link?:  Link

well..you could have a devoted HD in your PC case, but it woudl have to be EMU formatted.

I dont know any other way...I jsut backup to zip...

maybe you could get an ORB drive if you need more space?

sorry to hear it man...Its frustrating. dont format yet though because maybe that guy up there was right and will come back with your info?

as for the backup..you know how to do that right?

Message 7/7                 Date: 02-Mar-01  @  06:02 AM   -   RE: Big, Big, Big Trouble!

phunkytek

i back up with a disck to cd program in dos. it copies any disck to a scsi burner. it was e-mailed to me and I don't have the instalation file just the exe. if i find the instalation file i'll post it.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum