0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: hellooo there!

Viewing all 36 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/36                 Date: 17-Mar-01  @  12:45 AM   -   hellooo there!

infrasound

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

about bloody time we had a smapling forum.Oh yeah, this is r-tek.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/36                 Date: 17-Mar-01  @  07:55 AM   -   RE: hellooo there!

fiddleface_

Link?: Link

Everyone has new names

Message 3/36                 Date: 17-Mar-01  @  03:42 PM   -   RE: hellooo there!

0/d

why is that?

So what sampler do people have?

Message 4/36                 Date: 18-Mar-01  @  11:22 PM   -   RE: hellooo there!

Brett B

E4. I would like to get into the realtime stuff to get some wierd wavetable suff. R-tek you talked about once I think. I just need to read my manual.

My biggest tip is to use stomper to make tones and then export them and keymap them with lop points for some wicked garage or DnB bass lines.

Message 5/36                 Date: 19-Mar-01  @  12:00 AM   -   RE: hellooo there!

casparproject

my name hasn't changed. I have a decent user profile now too. I have an s5000.

Peaceout,

Peter

Message 6/36                 Date: 19-Mar-01  @  10:31 AM   -   RE: hellooo there!

hajee

Yammy A4000 here.....apart from slow loading and some other small quirks the bee's knees...it's a swell sampler!

Message 7/36                 Date: 19-Mar-01  @  09:07 PM   -   RE: hellooo there!

BassProShop

I've got two names. I've also got an Ensoniq EPS, but it's acting up and needs replacing. Gotta get a new fridge and pony up for a week of camp for the kid first, though. Fuck, for that I could have two smaplers! Where's my priorities?

Message 8/36                 Date: 19-Mar-01  @  09:32 PM   -   RE: hellooo there!

infrasound

e4 over here too. I might try and sort something to fit under the 100k limit for uploading wavetable-stylee this weekend Brett.2 smapler good Dam... Bassproshop.

Message 9/36                 Date: 21-Mar-01  @  02:36 AM   -   RE: hellooo there!

mathewar

Link?:  No link

ASR-X and I love it no plans on buying another sampler definitly buying a sequencer though.

Message 10/36                 Date: 21-Mar-01  @  07:28 AM   -   RE: hellooo there!

Ostek

Well im almost there, i work with an Akai S950.
And if im really in trouble i can fire up my S612
(that has a whooping 8 sec sampling memory at the lowest resolution...about 4bit i'd say, and i cant save any sounds but it has a kickass filter)

I used to have an Esi 4000 but due to complexities of life i had to get rid of it, but i don't talk about it cause that's the story of my life and it tends to make me cry...god damnit!
Cheers

d

Message 11/36                 Date: 21-Mar-01  @  01:07 PM   -   RE: hellooo there!

k

man a 612... you jammy git... 12 bit they are. there was one in loot last week for like 90 quid or a hundred.. very close sound to an mpc60. getting disks is a bastard tho.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 12/36                 Date: 21-Mar-01  @  05:06 PM   -   RE: hellooo there!

damballah

and fuckety fuckety fuck fuck. at home today 'cause I'm getting a major brake job. costing what a new esi would and then some. although I'd wanna at least be at the E5000/A4000/S5000 level.

Message 13/36                 Date: 22-Mar-01  @  05:21 AM   -   RE: hellooo there!

sitar

E4. Have my answering machine routed into it. I hate having to keep rewinding the answering machine over and over til I get the person's message and telephone number right. So I loop the message on the E4, sit back and relax. Life is good.

Message 14/36                 Date: 22-Mar-01  @  11:10 AM   -   RE: hellooo there!

Jasper

A3000 me, it cost 1300 and now it's worth about 400, but it still rocks. apart from it doesn't want to play with cubase, you watch, about 10 mins before I decide to sell everything they'll start working perfectly. until I decide not to sell it all of course.

Message 15/36                 Date: 22-Mar-01  @  07:01 PM   -   RE: hellooo there!

sitar

LOL!

Message 16/36                 Date: 23-Mar-01  @  02:37 AM   -   RE: hellooo there!

0/d

yep,those yamaha chaps are cunts!!

I spent 1400 on my a5000 and 9 months later they are going for 800,and to make matters worse they are throwing an su200 with it,for free.

the only comfort i can draw from this is at least i'll appreciate it more.

;)

Message 17/36                 Date: 29-Mar-01  @  08:47 AM   -   RE: hellooo there!

johan

esi32, but going to upgrade to a e6400 or similar as soon as I get the money for that.

Message 18/36                 Date: 29-Mar-01  @  12:16 PM   -   RE: hellooo there!

nyronn

I got e6400.It,s so phat,but i have not got into cords yet,but on a basic tip it,s great.
Doe,s anyone know where i can find a good place for tips,and trouble shooting.

Message 19/36                 Date: 29-Mar-01  @  01:00 PM   -   RE: hellooo there!

Jasper

iron them inside out, or they'll look shit when you put em on.

Message 20/36                 Date: 29-Mar-01  @  01:31 PM   -   RE: hellooo there!

Maarten Visser

I have no dedicated smapler :P, well I have an MPC2Kxl but am starting to lean towards something in the order of an A4000 or even a S5000, I dunno yet... need a big VA first. Yummy Virus Kb....
Oh well name's the same only thing is he's adding my sir-name now.

-M-

Message 21/36                 Date: 29-Mar-01  @  01:32 PM   -   RE: hellooo there!

Maarten Visser

I'm keeping the MPC though, don't get me wrong.

Message 22/36                 Date: 30-Mar-01  @  02:43 AM   -   RE: hellooo there!

k

so YOU are r-tek.. sneakey sod... getting me to like your tracks by changing name - drat & trrrrrrrriple drat Muttley ! rassin-frassin-rick-rasterdly..

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 23/36                 Date: 31-Mar-01  @  12:29 AM   -   RE: hellooo there!

infrasound

its a fair cop guvna etc etc....Mebbe you`re confusing me with someone else tho as I`m not ready to inflict my tracks on anyone here yet, possibly in the near future if I can find that smaple I`m after....

Message 24/36                 Date: 31-Mar-01  @  04:26 AM   -   RE: hellooo there!

k

i was joking  

like your picture tho - especially the way you followed the instructions in adding a 130 x 130 image   - ha ha ha

Message 25/36                 Date: 31-Mar-01  @  01:31 PM   -   RE: hellooo there!

nobody

my 130x130 image is coolest

Message 26/36                 Date: 31-Mar-01  @  10:55 PM   -   RE: hellooo there!

hajee

actuallu thats more like a 14x130 picture...

yeah it sure sucks when yoor new equipment drops in price like that....bugger....still no need to get rif of my a4000 it's too much freakin' fun...let's hope more people will start buying it at this LOW price tag....more users=more sharing of knowledge...more os upgrades etc.

Message 27/36                 Date: 01-Apr-01  @  03:30 PM   -   RE: hellooo there!

infrasound

ok, so I`m a little slow k. And dont even think about trying to make me take the picture down (would you believe me if I said I was working in imperial?) else I`ll get nobody the mentalist to hunt you down and kill you with his ceramic gun and then I`ll eat your liver so you can`t come back to haunt me. Take that as a warning.

Message 28/36                 Date: 02-Apr-01  @  03:51 AM   -   RE: hellooo there!

8life8

hey fellas, a name change here 2 (used to b druma.. and I like infrasound like to pee in the shower and I'm actually at a level were I'm doing it while shampoing   .. using MPCxL not the best sampler on the planet but very good at chopping and extreamly verstyle in use..

Message 29/36                 Date: 03-Apr-01  @  11:58 PM   -   RE: hellooo there!

sitar

I thought Infrasound was you r-Tek you dog. I gotta change my name too. Haven't opened my sitar cases in over 2 years. I should be typing puns under another name. I've gotten kinda attached to the name sitar though.

Anyways someone should invent a sampler with just 1 knob and call it a simpler.

Message 30/36                 Date: 04-Apr-01  @  11:39 AM   -   RE: hellooo there!

Jasper

mummy I'm scared!

btw - that'll be the akai s01

Message 31/36                 Date: 04-Apr-01  @  08:43 PM   -   RE: hellooo there!

robski27

if anyone is after guitar samples then let me know i have loads available

Message 32/36                 Date: 05-Apr-01  @  04:55 PM   -   RE: hellooo there!

8life8

man what silly jokes one says when one hasn't had a smoke in a while .. pissing while shampoing bah.. anyway dig your setup infrasound, very simple and very affectif for your style (dnb) the proprcy makes out for a great controller for your emu and gives u killer sampling sourche to .. how's softwhare life treating ya btw .. no flashbacks from the MPC day's then eh..

Message 33/36                 Date: 05-Apr-01  @  09:12 PM   -   RE: hellooo there!

nobody

barbecue sauce plants coming up all over the front lawn

Message 34/36                 Date: 05-Apr-01  @  11:50 PM   -   RE: hellooo there!

infrasound

but peeing in the shower is fun, 8life8. Its so dirty, but so clean at the same time - the perfect pastime.

Plenty of MPC flashbacks to be honest, fair to say that I really need a computer to do some of the things I want to do tho. The prophecy is a fucking piece of shit BTW ....well, not a piece of shit cos it can do some mental stuff but fuck me, the interface on the thing and those knobs sure as hell were never designed for clumsy western fingers. I only use it for the ribbon controller now.

Message 35/36                 Date: 07-Apr-01  @  06:37 PM   -   RE: hellooo there!

nothingnewhere

Roland s550 i've got. does what i need it to do.

Had a Akai s700 a while back. it was fun, but i got an outragous offer for it that I couldnt refuse.

Message 36/36                 Date: 08-Apr-01  @  03:54 PM   -   RE: hellooo there!

nobody

i like using AES cable for audio signals you jerks

yes 75 ohm impedance as opposed to 110 ohm means louder signal

good for noisy dj mixer >>> splitter

sampler is friend

Viewing all 36 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

There are 36 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum