0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Plug in Comp.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 08-Mar-01  @  09:52 PM   -   Plug in Comp.

Foo!

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

This seems to be Quite the hot topic recently, there has been a lot of talk but i have not really heard any real deep discussion into this and well this is what i have found.
I am trying to get a real pumping thick sound out of this kick i got, and i have it in the Cubase compressor. I have tried many settings but for the most part i always seem to have this high pitched THwack going on. The more extreme i get with the settings the more harder time i have getting rid of it. It does not sound warm to me at all like what a hear on the pound ass Techno rekids. Just THwack THwack THwack! I have tried it all, short attack long attack, etc etc, and for the most part it DOES NOT sound like that warm pumpin thump we all are after. Several of you have been converting to the plug in factor and i am interested in if you notice this also? I have also tried the waves this seems to have better results but still not Pumpin....
Are the resuts i'm after only possible with a tube Compressor?

Foo!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 09-Mar-01  @  09:19 AM   -   RE: Plug in Comp.

k

it's the threshold you want to mess with & eq... try dave brown compressor, it's in the file library - search for 'vst'

Message 3/5                 Date: 09-Mar-01  @  12:04 PM   -   RE: Plug in Comp.

Jasper

erm, you may be barking up the wrong tree though.. if you have a kick thats allready been compressed previously - (and unless it's a plain old vanilla 909 it probably has) then try eq'ing some of the mid range out before compressing it. 400-500 hz or whatever you like the sound of.

Message 4/5                 Date: 09-Mar-01  @  07:31 PM   -   RE: Plug in Comp.

Younghead

Ya never going to get that pumping kick drum sound with plug-ins. You wanna get yourself a DBX160x. An underated compressor but you'll find one in every top studio. It'll cost ya about 325 dollars.

Message 5/5                 Date: 24-Mar-01  @  08:07 AM   -   RE: Plug in Comp.

Brett B

Link?:  Link

you can get by by layering some bass with it.A fat low end under the kick is what most tracks have that give it the pump when the kick hits and the limiter pushes them together.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum