0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Software VS Hardware

Viewing all 48 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/48                 Date: 14-Mar-01  @  08:03 PM   -   Software VS Hardware

speedload20

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I'm doing a report for the local university about the strengths and weeknesses of using either software or hardware or a combination in your studio. That is basing your studio on either software or hardware.

I would appreciate all thoughts on this topic! Please don't say "Software sucks" or something like that. Tell me WHY it sucks. WHY doesn't it sound/act like hardware? Will software close up on hardware once the computers can start handeling more and more voices/realtime effects?

Thanks!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/48                 Date: 14-Mar-01  @  08:44 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

gb

Link?:  No link

One of the major tradeoffs for software is the lack of dedicated hardware control surfaces. Using the computer mouse or sharing an external surface between the various components is really very flexible and really a pain in the ass to use.

Message 3/48                 Date: 14-Mar-01  @  10:03 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

speedload20

Yeah... But I don't really call my midi keyboard which has a few limited midi controlled sliders hardware.

I understand what you mean though.

But I also think that the computer mouse is one of the best tools for draging and copying music parts.

I will need arguments from both sides.

Message 4/48                 Date: 14-Mar-01  @  10:33 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

gb

Assuming you know how to play on a keyboard, it's a LOT more effective for getting notes into your sequenser than a mouse.
As for the lack of sliders on your keyboard... If you don't have any knobs or sliders on your hardware, you can't really use your hardware for comparing hardware to software. You'll have to compare a hardware synth to a software synth, a hardware delay unit to a software delay unit and so on.The mouse is good for drag, copy and other software sequenser related stuff. It doesn't really seem relevant to the questions you were asking, tho.

Message 5/48                 Date: 14-Mar-01  @  10:38 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

dance, rummy!

software is cheap.

I have a kickass software sampler (gigastudio) for $500. it beats
ANY hardware for ease of use, hands down.

the downside is, using software takes precious computer resources that could be used somewhere else....

for example, I could probably incorporate some VSTi software synth sounds, but my computer is too busy running the sampler alongside a sequencer....

once I've recorded all the tracks, then I turn the sampler off to do the mixing. during mixdown, I wish I had 32 digital outs from my PC and a hardware digital mixer, so I could offload some of the tracks' dynamics processing, EQ, and fx to it, and give every track the treatment it needs.....

my PC can't handle all of that processing for 32 tracks....

also, in general, hardware is more reliable. software has trouble because there are so many things it needs to be compatible with.....

Message 6/48                 Date: 15-Mar-01  @  07:26 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

damballah

Both. With software you can get an approximation of top-notch hardware results at a fraction of the cost. Hardware lends itself to 'playing' by virtue of being so hands on. I tend to work stuff out with the hardware, similar to an artist with a sketchbook. Software lends itself more to a 'programming' approach. I tend to use it more for the production part of the cycle than the composing phase.

Message 7/48                 Date: 15-Mar-01  @  08:08 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

speedload20

What about the sound? Does software really sound the same as hardware? That is if you forget about those little things only other composers hear.

Are the software effects as good as the hardware boxes? Reverb, delays, phasers, compressors, eqs?

How will the future be like? Will the X000 MHZ computers be able to sound exactly the same as hardware synths in realtime?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Message 8/48                 Date: 15-Mar-01  @  08:27 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

speedload20

Hmm... By the way... gb said something about hardware being more reliable than software in most cases.

I've heared about hardware freezing or causing unexpected things to happen just like the pcs. Though, I guess they should be a bit more stable since pcs are so much more than just a synth/mixer/effect unit. PCs have to do lots of things and weren't created to do music/edit in the first place.

Would anyone bring their PC to a live gig? I think not... But why? Is it only because of the size, the unreliability and the lack of knobs and sliders?

Message 9/48                 Date: 15-Mar-01  @  09:19 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

Technosis

I would bring my PC live... anything else and your fooling the audience and yourself... what kind of live performance uses DAT? (thats a rhetorical question smart ass ;)

Message 10/48                 Date: 15-Mar-01  @  10:04 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

gb

One thing in favor of software : I'm sure it's possible to make software components doing the same as hardware with the same quality. As the source sounds are already digital the software will not add noise.The only way hardware can do this (digitally) is by using digital interfaces which adds a lot to the price tag, if it is at all possible.

Message 11/48                 Date: 16-Mar-01  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

Defector Z

Link?: Link

PC's are unreliable. Without question. Lug a pc to a gig? Fuck no. Garbage.

As far as sound goes, there are lots of emulators outthere. What do they emulate? The real thing. There is DEFINITELY a place for a PC in a studio, for both writing, as well as producing, but there are too many variables with a pc. S/w is not necessarily cheaper than h/w because people fail to take into account the cost of the computer. Plus, in order to run your new software programs, you'll consistantly need to upgrade your hardware. That means doing the footwork to make sure that all of your components will work together. That is time away from writing and/or producing music. It's an economic phenomenon called "opportunity cost".

I have found my hardware to be FAR more reliable than my computer. Computers crash, freeze, cease to operate on a regular basis. Getting all the components to work right together is time away from making music, and you need to do everytime you add or subtrack something from your setup. I have NEVER (knock on wood) lost music with hardware. I lost a year and halfs work on HD that died. (Yeah, my fault for not backing up, but again, more time and expense).

Software sequencing is great because the drag and drop is simple. I found that I got lazy with this, though. Because it was so easy, I found myself taking shortcuts, rather than challenging myself to do something new. I can't imagine trying to WRITE music on a computer, as there aren't any knobs to twist, no sliders to slide, and no wheels to bend. True, there are some new, cheaper alternatives (I think Event has the new EZ-bus that I think is not too expensive - around $500 US I think?), and more and more companies are trying to develop hands on interfaces to the computer to replace the mouse. Which is great news.

Another thing that is rarely mentioned, but I think is important is that the sound of your software synth is only as good as your audio card. With hardware, you know what sound you are going to get, from one unit to another. Manufacturers are aware of this. However, if you have a cheap noisy soundcard, with a small frequency response range, you're synths are going to sound different. Maybe it's negligable, and most people won't notice, but real affectionados certainly will.

I do use my PC, but mostly to arrange, and sample. Most of my writing takes place on my hardware, and then I do the arranging and production on the PC. There is a place for both, and there are disadvantages, as well as advantages to both.

Message 12/48                 Date: 16-Mar-01  @  03:53 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

and another thing..

Check around the forums and compare all the s/w problem related questions to all the hardware problem related questions. That should tell you SOMETHING.

Message 13/48                 Date: 16-Mar-01  @  05:23 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

speedload20

I would check around the forums, but my time is a bit limited. I prefer having all or most of the information I want to use gathered in one place if possible. If I need more except from own knowledge and this, I will have to do that though.

Thanks again for your answers!

My experience with hardware is a little bit limited. Haven't even touched a real mixer. All I own is a midi keyboard and a mc-303. The mc-303 is gathering dust in one of the closets now.

Thinking about buying a Novation - Nova within a year or maybe two, so this information isn't only because of that report. I played around with a nova at a local music store a while ago. Thought it sounded great compared to the software used back then.

Is it easier to make everything sound good when you use hardware synths and effects? I got that feeling anyway.

Message 14/48                 Date: 16-Mar-01  @  06:14 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

Manik

Don't have time for a cursory look through the forums to look at some of the SPECIFIC issues people have? You can get specific information about the problems people have. Would you prefer that we write your paper for you? How about we head to the library and grab some books for you. News flash asshole, life DOESN'T PUT ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION IN ONE PLACE for you. Get used to doing some homework. I knew plenty of people like you at uni, and they fucking pissed me off. Fuck off asshole.

Message 15/48                 Date: 16-Mar-01  @  06:43 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

influx

jesus christ!!! why start calling names like that.

look..its time people start thinkin in terms of real life here. physical proximity...

would you, manik, call someone asshole that quickly if he were right in front of you, then tell him to fuck off, simply because he was looking for a little info in the most convenient format?

I really doubt it. So much shit gets talked here and most of you are just 17-20 year old geeks who think theyre hard cuz they listen to hard jungle or techno or whatever, and youre totally safe because youre behing a keyboard and screen and not face to face

think about it.

Message 16/48                 Date: 16-Mar-01  @  07:02 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

Manik

Dude, you've no idea what you're talking about. You wanna jump in and help the guy? I don't see any help in your post. He gets pointed to a wealth of information, yet can't bother to get specifics WHEN THEY ARE RIGHT HERE.

I'm not going to get into it with you Influx, but uni boy there needs a kick in the ass. Who's acting tough? I'm sorry, I don't see any posturing here. How about some help for him then, eh?

Message 17/48                 Date: 16-Mar-01  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

speedload20

Manik: I'm asking for opinions not where to find information.

To make things a bit more clear. I'm not taking any music related course at all. Just doing the report for MYSELF and a few selected people.

I've looked through the forums before and have learned lots. If you don't want to help then just please shut up.

Sorry all if my english isn't good enough for you. If you feel like snapping at people who get their sentences and definitions wrong now and then, then please choose another topic.

I'm just basically checking my own knowledge and some NICE people have actually HELPED me to do that. I know a lot more on what to base my report on than before I posted the original message.

Message 18/48                 Date: 16-Mar-01  @  07:59 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

speedload20

Manik:

Do you want to waste more of my time on giving you the whole story or is this enough for you?

I just don't feel like arguing right now and I don't have the time.

"yet can't bother to get specifics"

I didn't give any specifics on purpose because I'n not sure what to include yet. The things people (and me) feel are the most important differences will probably be included.

Example:
Just like I expected, people mentioned differences in price, reliability, costs for keeping your computer updated, lack of knobs and sliders and stuff for computers, hard to bring a computer to a gig, etc etc

Message 19/48                 Date: 16-Mar-01  @  08:08 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

influx

so you call him an asshole and tell him to fuck off.

sounds pretty level headed to me

as for my take? I dont like software. Ive used softsynths and hate clicking mouses(sic) and all that shit...

BUT...SW sequencing is the bees knees for complexity! Trying to do the shit I do in cubase, on a HW sequencer would take HOURS longer than it does.

then theres damballahs point...how many of us can afford a tube compressor/limiter/parametric EQ? not too many..but you can buy T-racks for what $250?

so as far as processing goes, SW is definitely more cost effective...

to me there is something about HANDLING things..it just feels more right.

and Ive never had any of my hardware crash, except for a couple stuck notes on the virus, which really isnt that big of a deal

Message 20/48                 Date: 16-Mar-01  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

speedload20

Oh... By the way. People have told me that there aren't any really good software compressors. Is that true?

I haven't had a chance to use a "real" one yet. But I hope that I will get one soon.

Message 21/48                 Date: 16-Mar-01  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

Manik

Sorry if your English is bad, but consider the fact that people will misunderstand you. Telling me to shut up if I'm not going to help, when you can't present you question is pretty immature.

You quote me, yet clearly misunderstand what I said, even though it is quite clear to people with good English. I'm not gonna slag you for it, though, so I'll explain.

"yet can't bother to get specifics" - your response to this indicates you understood this statement as 1 of 2 ways. First "you can't bother to give specifics", or second "you can't bother to get specific". Neither interpretation is correct. What I mean is, you ask for opinions, you are given opinions, and then given further information on where you can find even MORE information. You can find out for yourself what kinds of problems people have with software, and more opinions on the subject. Yet, you can't be bothered to go look. That's lazy, plain and simple. I don't care what your intention is, and I don't care the basis of your question - the simple fact is that you want other people to do your work for you. All you have to do is go to the Cubase or Logic forum, or the PC Chat forum and look at the fucking titles. You can see opinions RIGHT THERE IN THE TITLE. You can get OPINIONS from people who don't come to the site anymore. You can get OPINIONS from people who are sick of answering the SAME QUESTION OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

Message 22/48                 Date: 16-Mar-01  @  08:37 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

speedload20

Pretty fun to se at times... Some people just look for trouble in these forums. They do nothing or very little to actually help, but they don't have any problem in writing an essay on why people suck.

Why bother?

If nice people (or perhaps stupid in some eyes) want to help, then it's their problem right?

Your skills in argumentation won't help anyone here.

Message 23/48                 Date: 16-Mar-01  @  08:43 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

speedload20

Manik: Then please tell me what work you are doing for me. You seem to know that already.

I'm no stranger to the dancetech forums. I didn't start doing my thinking when I posted the topic.

What question has been asked over and over in this case and why did you bother to look at the subject at all if you have read it over and over already?

Message 24/48                 Date: 16-Mar-01  @  08:49 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

Manik

In the time you have spent checking back in on this question, have you checked the other forums to see what people have said about s/w vs. h/w? I'm helping you by trying to get you to learn to fish.

And unless you are posting under an assumed name, it appears that you ARE relatively new to the DT forums because you would KNOW that there are lots of opinions on this subject already. Now stop arguing with me and get off your lazy ass and do some of your OWN homework. I'm not going to do it for you.

Message 25/48                 Date: 16-Mar-01  @  08:53 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

speedload20

Yeah... Sorry for the "shut up" But since you used even worse language according to me, I decided to use a more colourful sentence.

Ok if we leave this now? If people want to help then great! I just need confirmations and opinions.

If not, I can base a report completely on my current knowledge too. But I prefer checking with guys who probably know these things even better than me.

I don't call anyone stupid. You probably know lots about gear and music and things Manik, but you won't help me to confirm my thoughts by flaming me.

So please? Can we just drop this?

Message 26/48                 Date: 16-Mar-01  @  09:00 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

speedload20

Manik: I've learned all I know about mixing here... Lots of useful articles and forums for that.

I drop by here now and then to check on things since this is the best site I know about electronic musicmaking. Vintagesynth.com won't help me in this case. And not synthzone.com either.

Some people here have already helped me, and I thank them for that.

Message 27/48                 Date: 17-Mar-01  @  03:12 AM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

k

but i wasnt having a go at you speedload i was talking to technosis, and ranting to myself.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 28/48                 Date: 17-Mar-01  @  12:19 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

Speedload20

Is it just me, or did some messages just vanish from the forum? Hmm...

K:
It's ok... I was just having a bad day and didn't feel like being judged like that.

Guess I should have worked more on my initial questions. I'll just blame tiredness.

Message 29/48                 Date: 18-Mar-01  @  11:36 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

Pongoid

Speedload, although Manik's manner may not necessarily be spot on (I'm usually even worse), he really is spot on. The archives here have more info for you from years of posts than what you will get in one thread. Why candy coat it dude? You're feeling lazy, not wanting to make the effort to really do your precious research, and you got called on it. Nice people are wasting their energy on you. That to me says that you are young and vampiric. Please get this clear. I don't come here looking for trouble, and I don't post as much as I used to for simply one reason: vampires like you, people who are not willing to make the effort to look for the answers when they can simply leech others priceless time and energy by asking them to regurgitate the most basic of questions. It's like a sixth grader walking into a school library and asking the librarians to read the Dr. Suess boks to him/her. That to me comes of as rather rude, and honestlty, I am offended by such ignorance, so I'll return the offense: Until you are ready to do your own research, and make your own efforts to learn in a serious way, this is not the place for you to waste others time. Fuck off, asshole.

Ape

Message 30/48                 Date: 19-Mar-01  @  12:26 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

Jasper

Of course on the other hand (purely to show the other sides of an argument), someone might show an interest how something is done. This could be how someone goes about writing music on a pc or even how to bake a cake with a bottle of whiskey and not have it go soggy. This does not of course mean that they particularly want to do it themselves, but are only showing an interest. Some people like answering questions like this and some people don't. BUT, the choice is allways there to ignore such questions and not get yourself into a tizz about it.
Just arguing for the other side BTW.Say your girlfriend asks you "do you prefer hardware or software ?would you attack her in the same way?

Message 31/48                 Date: 19-Mar-01  @  12:29 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

Jasper

ahh bollox.. wrong thread.

Message 32/48                 Date: 19-Mar-01  @  03:22 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

k

yes some stuff got lost in the transfer, we thought it was better to just go live... as for that ... forget it mate - no worries... sorry. - s/w is ok for suites, but i'd prolly go tape for a band studio cos of it's robustness. for rock bands i'd go tape everytime to get the sound of tape on drums especialy. you cant get that fat pumping drum saturation from h/disk - but i'd want a transfer system to disk for editing... so i'd go 24 track adat with dig transfer to a mac or pc for a 'band' studio.. or analog tape for a rock studio. and go to h/d only for a project studio with synths, samplers etc. if commercial, i'd want a standby back-up pc with ability to pick up the old drive with the data.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 33/48                 Date: 25-Mar-01  @  09:36 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

speedload20

Heh... If people could look at this as an interview with more than one person answering the questions it would all be okey =)

Thanks a lot K! That's exactly what I wanted and that was why I did I like I did. =)

I don't really need anymore info now. I'm almost done with my writing.

Message 34/48                 Date: 25-Mar-01  @  10:54 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

JS

Oh... Feel free to write more by the way. I will look back here.

Still wondering if it's worth it to buy that Nova and some hardware effect units or if I should upgrade my pc and go 100% software instead.

And THAT studio will be 100% aimed at electronic music. Mostly trance and techno I guess. But is it really worth it to buy expensive hardware when I'm only a hobbyist?

The Nova should be enough for 303 like sound and some pads right? I'm played with one for a short while, and I really liked the sound.

I really do like the feeling of twisting knobs and pressing buttons instead of clicking around with a computer mouse. I also think that you more easiliy get stuck in patterns when you draw notes in software sequencers. You sometimes think that it doesn't LOOK good. And that's not really what it is about is it?

Oh, well...

How much does a somewhat neat mixer cost anyway? I guess I need to specify something here too... Hmm... I won't need that many channels and things for starters. Just imagine a very small homestudio.

I agree with Jaspers point by the way. If you don't like the thread, then don't answer.   Seems like a big waste of time to me.

Message 35/48                 Date: 28-Mar-01  @  12:10 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

BJT

What's the scope of your assignment?
Software v's Hardware for mixing OR
sequencing and synthesis?
OR using for live performance?

What about Native v's DSP Cards?

One thing people overlook in these arguments is that
Good Hardware and Good Software have a bigger R&D budget
and so you can expect better results.

EG Freeware VA's sound no where near as good as High costing software VA's.

Protools is software can also be very high end for a full studio setup
and uses DSP cards and specialised Midi-mixers, so it ain't fully software.

Some new Rackmount's like the Roland 1010 etc... require a computer to use,
so do good midi-Soundcards, so functionally not much difference.

Big scope of argument.

Message 36/48                 Date: 28-Mar-01  @  12:22 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

k

also you got some fx like gating tricks etc that frankly i wouldnt want to get involved with in s/w even IF the s/w gate claimed to have a trigger input etc - but time might prove me wrong - working on the 'tricks' with hardware is the beauty of it & the bit I enjoy most about hardware...

Message 37/48                 Date: 28-Mar-01  @  11:02 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

99devils

Well, K, even there it depends.. Do you have to do it realtime or not? If you did, I'd use a hardware gate. If you didn't, I'd gate in Sound Forge with AnalogX Audio Arpeggiator.

There's so many ways to skin a cat, some better than others for given situations.

-Craig

Message 38/48                 Date: 29-Mar-01  @  05:26 AM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

k

soundforge?.. but how am i going to mix a balance if the wav is in isolation?

Message 39/48                 Date: 29-Mar-01  @  12:54 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

Jasper

I lost about an hours worth of edits last night, my fault though.. but I also lost all the edits I made to compressors, distortion, all mixer edits. I actually only made 1 edit to a track, so if I'd been using purely hardware I wouldn't have lost mutch.but then again, if I hadn't been caned I would have saved every 5 mins as usual.

Message 40/48                 Date: 29-Mar-01  @  08:48 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

99devils

In the case of gating, at least for me, it typically wouldn't matter... Anyways, just illustrating the point that there really are no hard and fast rules. Like I said, there's more than one way to skin a cat...

BTW - you could run that plug in Cakewalk or any DX-plugin compatible multitracker as an insert effect too  

-Craig

Message 41/48                 Date: 30-Mar-01  @  02:43 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

Jasper

do you know of any dual input vst gates?

Message 42/48                 Date: 30-Mar-01  @  06:44 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

damballah

Dave Brown's dynamics processor (you can use it as a compressor or a gate). If I'm remembering this right, you insert one on what you want to use as your trigger and there's a place where you set it up as like "Key 1 Out". Then you insert one on what you want to gate, and set that up as "Key 1 In." I haven't screwed with it in a while and I'm not sitting in front of it, but that's the gist of it. Well, it's direct x, isn't it, but it still should work.

Message 43/48                 Date: 08-Apr-01  @  12:17 AM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

influx

forgot about this one.

wish I hadnt found it again.

Message 44/48                 Date: 09-Apr-01  @  02:10 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

Defector Z

What are you bored? ;-)

Message 45/48                 Date: 12-Apr-01  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

goatrance303

the rhetorical question of using DAT's live is pretty valid.

Hallucinogen, Astral Projection, Infected Mushroom, and lots of other big names in psytrance all play off dats 'live'.

there's just too much involved in good trance to use a hardware sequencer or trust a computer to do in realtime. you gotta drop it to audio somehow or it A. sounds simple or B. it chunks

all these ppl trippin about playing live should just write good music and dj it, or bring their pc and mix audio files or something.

-c

Message 46/48                 Date: 14-Apr-01  @  05:40 AM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

PointBeing

so back to the question, it depends on what you know. my computer ONLY crashes when i use that stupid ppd fee synth because of a "page fault error" wich means the programmers made an infinate recursian, fucked up their pointers or some other bullshit that i dont feel like talking about. anyway...... yea, the best thing about using all s/w is that you never have to worry about changing settings back to how they were for each song.. like with hardwear, you have to set up the e.q., compressors, effects, et cetera for each song each time you work on it. with software, you open the files and boom its there. with the pro-52, ppg wave, b4, the Atom, battery, VST 5.0 and Acid Pro 2.0, and a bunch of s/w effects, you can easily be all set to go. i use those on a p3 700 mhz with 256 mb ram wich is a dinasaur compared to some of the stuff available (1.4 ghz namely) and my cpu usage is FINE. i have almost NEVER had a problem in orion and the limitations in VST are understandable and easy to work around. both h/w and s/w have advantages and disadvantages.. about the sound quality, if it sounds good, it is. S/w sounds good, h/w sounds good. they sound different. Also with h/w you have to worry about noise and recording into the computer.. with all s/w noise is never an issue (unless you are using a distortion plug-in that is being a bitch, but even then a simple gate will do).

the only thing i feel i am missing is a spectrum analyzer...

Message 47/48                 Date: 14-Apr-01  @  06:59 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

PointBeing

http://srd.yahoo.com/goo/reaktor+synths/3/*http://tweakheadz.com/digital_audio_tricks.html

go there

Message 48/48                 Date: 17-Apr-01  @  03:42 PM   -   RE: Software VS Hardware

k

hey the new PPd is fixed for that error - you can get the new version free at their website.

Viewing all 48 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5

There are 48 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum