0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Mackie Bound

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 07-Mar-01  @  03:16 AM   -   Mackie Bound

tmfkagt

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

okay, now I've just purchased the HR 824 monitors...

...soon will be selling the Event 20/20bas'

I've also ordered Auralex sound treatment materials. I'll be on the studio standard so that when I do mix a track it will hit much close in a pro-studio/mastering house.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 18-Mar-01  @  11:37 PM   -   RE: Mackie Bound

Pongoid

Link?: Link

That's the spirit!!!

Message 3/6                 Date: 19-Mar-01  @  02:56 AM   -   RE: Mackie Bound

darin

Aherdat!! I'm getting there as well. My own room, just need the accoustic treatments. Some egg crates to absorb standing waves - luckily, the room is not a box (I got 45 degree angles on two sides). Anyone know where I can get some cheap? Auralex only comes in boxes of 12 - I think 6 would be too much...any thoughts?

Message 4/6                 Date: 19-Mar-01  @  05:39 AM   -   RE: Mackie Bound

damballah

Markertek, man. They got a variety of that stuff. And cables and connectors. Lots of shit. I got a shitload of 2 foot squares of 2 inch foam from a friend who works shipping and receiving and the delicate stuff they deal with comes in boxes lined with the shit. Just picked over the cleanest pieces. Someone said, I don't remember who, soundwaves don't care about the brand name of what absorbs 'em. Deadened up the drum/vocal/whatever room real nice.

Message 5/6                 Date: 19-Mar-01  @  03:12 PM   -   RE: Mackie Bound

k

try a furniture maker... they use that shit for sofa's sometimes (dunno what yanks call a sofa) couch?... or mebbe a shipping factory or your local electrical superstore skips. you want the stuff with the little peaks all over it tho regardless of brand... (but the proper stuff is a certain density & s'posed to be better... dunno if it is tho

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/6                 Date: 19-Mar-01  @  04:06 PM   -   RE: Mackie Bound

Defector Z

I've checked Markertek, and they look fine, looking for other opinions. I'm also thinking about industrial sound absortion, like for machinery and such. Insulation maybe is what they do, rather than accoustical treatments. But you never know. I've got to add more carpet, and I'd prefer to not have to hang a bunch of tapestry type things on the walls. Although, that would certainly be more attractive...

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum