0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: are these levels right???

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8                 Date: 02-Mar-01  @  04:08 PM   -   are these levels right???

tetsuo2

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

have a look at the link, not one pot is attenuated.. all boosted... is this the way to do things? i have the same mixer, but after i looked at that and was confused at how he wasnt clipping with trims up that high...

euipment going into those fist 13-16 channels include a jp8000, 8080, korg tr-rack, and orbit...

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/8                 Date: 02-Mar-01  @  06:36 PM   -   RE: are these levels right???

Manik

Link?:  No link

The trims look fine to me. Only problem I see is that the owner has all of eq turned up few dbs. That's TOTALLY bad. Rather than turning something up, try turning other things DOWN. Mackie's are nice and quiet sure, but every time you boost eq, you add noise. That's bad.

Message 3/8                 Date: 02-Mar-01  @  06:48 PM   -   RE: are these levels right???

tetsuo2

ok cool.. thanks

Message 4/8                 Date: 03-Mar-01  @  02:54 PM   -   RE: are these levels right???

k

that is a mixer set by a man who is monitoring WAY to low and compensating with 'presense' by boosting all the top mids... the mix at volumes in a club would be unbearable.

Message 5/8                 Date: 03-Mar-01  @  07:24 PM   -   RE: are these levels right???

influx

Link?:  Link

gain pots look fine..but I gotta reinforce the argument that you are adding way too much...looks like some of your lows are actually MAXED?

not good

Message 6/8                 Date: 04-Mar-01  @  06:48 AM   -   RE: are these levels right???

damballah

Link?:  Link

is that really a shot of a mix or just a shot of a mixer?

Message 7/8                 Date: 04-Mar-01  @  07:36 PM   -   RE: are these levels right???

teemu

I bet my 2 cents that the mix that comes from that mixer, with those EQ settings sounds really muddy and unprofessional. You should always cut the frequencies if possible, not boost, ESPECIALLY with cheap mixers that don't have good eq's (when compared to outboard parametric eq). A bit of boost on a few channels is ok but I would never ever boost everything even on one channel, let alone the whole mixer.

Message 8/8                 Date: 08-Mar-01  @  03:15 PM   -   RE: are these levels right???

Jasper

for what it's worth (not a lot), all the eq pots on my desk are at 0, with only the bass channel having about -1 to -3db cut on it. that's it. if you edit your sounds to match the mix as well as sounding good then you shouldn't need mutch eq.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum