0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Ne1 use a Ghost mixer?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 26-Feb-01  @  06:36 AM   -   Ne1 use a Ghost mixer?

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i'd be interested in some experiences, thinking of getting one mebbe.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 01-Mar-01  @  08:28 AM   -   RE: Ne1 use a Ghost mixer?

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

I used to sell them. They are pretty nice. Decent, tight eq's. Pretty clean preamps, good taper on the faders, but it all feels just a bit flimsy. For a British board, I'd actually prefer an Allen & Heath. Better unit all around except the price and cool looks of the Ghost in my opinion, but you get what you pay for.

Ape

Message 3/3                 Date: 06-Mar-01  @  05:56 PM   -   RE: Ne1 use a Ghost mixer?

Ora

Link?:  No link

I have actually used one for almost 2 years now. There's a lot of things to be happy about but some disappointing factors too.
My disappointments are:
- the last few db of the mic pres are unsable because @ about 55db gain the hiss suddenly appears. Up to that point the pres are pretty quiet. Not good for quiet sound sources.
- PSU has a noisy fan (and I have the newer improved model). Not a problem for me anymore because I put it in a separate machine room (it comes with a 7 meter cable).
- meterbridge is inaccurate especially with fast transients. Someone described it as a "failed christmas decoration device". Not that bad really but inaccurate.
- insert point jacks (channel, master etc.) seem to be a bit flaky. I have replaced three plus the headphone jack so far.
- headphone monitor mix with fx is a bit cumbersome to setup

Those are the complaints. Otherwise it is a good board. I like the overall sound, eq, routing possibilities etc. The fact that channel direct outs are switchable to group out operation is a neat feature. The master section is pretty hard to overload, there is enough headroom.

Regards
Ora

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum