0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: 01v 8 xtra a/d input level 2 low!!

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 23-Feb-01  @  07:47 PM   -   01v 8 xtra a/d input level 2 low!!

druma

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

okey I've had it .. I bought the 8 analouge input card for the 01v thinking I could mix down 24 tracks!! so what the hell is up whith no gain controle over the input!! this is killing me.. at first I thought it was cos the 01v xpansion had balanced inns, so I went out and bought 3 sterio 1/4" cabels (sterio is balanced!right?!) thinking if I hoock up the balanced outs from the xbase I should get maximum input level on the o1v,.. but noT !! I also have a teebee running through a dp4 set at maximum in/out-put level and its still not getting maximum 01v input!! ..how the hell does yamaha expect us to use this card!?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 24-Feb-01  @  02:41 PM   -   RE: 01v 8 xtra a/d input level 2 low!!

johnny

there are 8 little switches on the card itself for choosing between 2 nominal input levels, as it ships you need to move them all into the other position for 'normal' input requirements.

You can still alter the gain using the Attenuation control for each option channel.

Message 3/6                 Date: 24-Feb-01  @  05:45 PM   -   RE: 01v 8 xtra a/d input level 2 low!!

druma

cool a messanger from above.. so I'm going to have to rip out the card in order to access the switches .. and then there is Attenuation control wich I've never heard of before, I dunno even what the word means .. how do I access the "attenuation control?... man I could have used this info many cabels ago  

Message 4/6                 Date: 24-Feb-01  @  08:21 PM   -   RE: 01v 8 xtra a/d input level 2 low!!

johnny

the Attenuation control lets you alter the signal gain on each channel before it hits the EQ; on the main channels its on the EQ page (a little software knob) and for the option channels its on the 'main' page - everything is lumped together on one screen.

The switches are very small and all located in different places - some are hard to get at, may need a small screwdriver.

Message 5/6                 Date: 24-Feb-01  @  09:25 PM   -   RE: 01v 8 xtra a/d input level 2 low!!

druma

dude u just saved my life!!

Message 6/6                 Date: 01-Mar-01  @  06:22 AM   -   RE: 01v 8 xtra a/d input level 2 low!!

tmfkagt

you've always impressed johnny!

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum