0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: jx 305 groovesynth

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/14                 Date: 30-Jun-98  @  04:06 AM   -   jx 305 groovesynth

x2c4nrg

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Does anyone have an opinion on the jx 305? I've been thinking about buying it but it isn't in any of the locol stores here yet. I know its like the 505 except with a keyboard and tons of more sounds, but Im wondering if it would be dope to use for modern dance, freestyle, and all of the dope west coast type beats. I know with the keyboard, you can probably get the fuck down. I have an ASR-10 and the Novation Bass Station rack to go with it.
So somebody tell me...IS IT DOPE???

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/14                 Date: 30-Jun-98  @  09:19 AM   -   RE: jx 305 groovesynth

AC

I have the novation basstation Keyboard, Roland JP8000, MC303 plus a PC for recording (plus some other stuff). I've been looking at theGroovesynth too......I'd say wait to see what its like when its released, but my guess is it'll be really nice. I'll probably go with the MC505 and stick with my JP8000. If I didn't already have the JP8k, I'd definitely get the groovesynth; the knobs seem really nice too.

Message 3/14                 Date: 03-Jul-98  @  02:39 AM   -   RE: jx 305 groovesynth

x2c4nrg

Well, I managed to find a local store willing to sell me the 305 for $1000 U.S. I think I will check it out..BUT..
if anyone has any last suggestions or comments about it, let me know. I plan to buy it next week so share any comments. I'm gonna fool around with it for a week or so first you know. I will post my comments on it when I buy it to let you know what I think of it. HiGh SoCieTY 98

Message 4/14                 Date: 03-Jul-98  @  08:39 AM   -   RE: jx 305 groovesynth

Mindspawn

Link?:  Link

I'd be most interested in yer thoughts on this one as a mate of mine is thinkin' about gettin' one.

Hey AC - you have the Groovebox? Me mate who's thinking on the 305 has one and it has given him fits getting it to sync with his other gear (CS1x and Proph). He can get it one way but not the other (and damned if I can remember whether tis the sync in or out that's bugger'n him). Anyhoos, if ye could pass on any advice, twould be appreciated.

Message 5/14                 Date: 03-Jul-98  @  01:31 PM   -   RE: jx 305 groovesynth

Jock

Hey AC you should be used to playing with knobs.

Message 6/14                 Date: 03-Jul-98  @  11:48 PM   -   RE: jx 305 groovesynth

x2c4nrg

Well, I went to check it out. It does have hella super dope sounds. It has alot of synth and bass sounds. I dont know exactly how to use it so I really dont know if its what I want. I think I am going to buy it to check it out. Guitar Center in Berkeley gives a 30 day trial priod. I guess I'll do that. I'll still post my thoughts.
HiGh SoCieTY 98

Message 7/14                 Date: 07-Jul-98  @  09:18 PM   -   RE: jx 305 groovesynth

kmfdm

Mindspring... Neither the prophecy or the CS1X have a sequencer built in. So there's no way to sync the groove box to the affore mentioned synths. But you can sync the arpeggiator on the CS1X to the midi clock comming out of the groove box's sequencer.
-Larry

Message 8/14                 Date: 07-Jul-98  @  09:20 PM   -   RE: jx 305 groovesynth

BTW: The JX-305 is just an MC-505 with a keyboard. So if you know how to use the either the 505 or the 303, you should know the JX pretty well.
-Larry

Message 9/14                 Date: 08-Jul-98  @  06:56 AM   -   RE: jx 305 groovesynth

Minspawn

Oi Larry,

Thanks for the infos. I'll pass it along to me mate. He's had fits with his rig and although I'm friendly with the CS1x, I'm totally useless when it comes to the Groovebox's MIDI implementation. The couple of times I had it borrowed, I used it with an XP50, and an AN1x, without problems. Course I just synced out from the MC303, and it was no problem to clock the other two synths.

Anyhoos, thanks again for the infos.

Message 10/14                 Date: 08-Jul-98  @  05:58 PM   -   RE: jx 305 groovesynth

Looneyfreaks

Well the Groove Synth is pretty cool. I was able to play on one a few weeks ago, Though I think the real differeces between the MC505 and the JX305 is less outputs and a little less real time control. What I don't understand is the MC505 and the JX305 are about the same price????? To me it seems that the 305 should be more if there is more to it. "Right"?? so what is the catch? how come the MC 505 and the JX305 are about the same price if the 305 is supposed to have more sounds and a keyboard. I am confused???? Has anyone checked out the new Quasimidi Sirius???? From what I have read it seems to be better than both the MC505 and JX305. But I have yet to play with one. Though I saw a posting on the net that said. "Just another band in a box/keyboard" I think they are selling for about $1495 so it is more expensive but a lot more knobs and control and it will even sync to turntables/cd players. That is a very cool fuction but I wonder how good it works(sync)?? Owell that is my input.

Message 11/14                 Date: 10-Jul-98  @  02:16 AM   -   RE: jx 305 groovesynth

x2c4nrg

The 305 and the 505 are NOT the same price. Well maybe not everywhere. The 305 is actually $400 less than the 505. The 505 here in Cali is going for around $1400, $1500, and even $1600. I found the 305 for $1000 even, out the door. I dont understand this either but fuck it, Id rather have a keyboard anyways. I think the 505 is so expensive is because of the D-beam. That D-beam to me aint worth the shit any ways. Its to sensative and over-modulates the music. I dont know, I guess it could be dope depending on what your doing. I want another keyboard to go with my ASR-10 but dont know which one to get. I want a super dope synth but which one? Maybe I should buy the Supernova to go with my Bass Station. HiGh SoCieTY

Message 12/14                 Date: 23-Jul-02  @  11:57 PM   -   RE: jx 305 groovesynth

boombatcha

Link?: Link

I am currently looking for users of the Roland JX 305 to exchange midi patches and other info with my community to register goto ....

http://www.boombatcha.com/phpBB2/profile.php?mode=register

If your synth is not listed there ,just request it.

Message 13/14                 Date: 24-Jul-02  @  08:13 AM   -   RE: jx 305 groovesynth

djjessex

uhhh...heh
uuumm...he he
he haw ha ha....

and on and on and on and on....

Message 14/14                 Date: 24-Jul-02  @  10:20 AM   -   RE: jx 305 groovesynth

OnAcid

I only use an EG-101. ;)

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum