0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: New Glenn Wilson

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 14-Feb-01  @  12:33 AM   -   New Glenn Wilson

Chop

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Picked up the new Glenn Wilson, tolaly SLAMMMMIN! All kinds of drums soaked in FX. Anyone got the recipe for toms and hand drums that sound like that? I got a Yamaha a4k sampler with loads of effects. Tried some of the lofi, Wah, Ovrdr, Dist. I come real close, close enough with that but i wanted to see what other listers use.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 14-Feb-01  @  07:11 PM   -   RE: New Glenn Wilson

Jez

Link?: Link

he writes hard funky acid techno does'nt he? He's not that well known...my mate has got some of his stuff I think...very percussive..

find some old african records and sample them at 11k in the a4k with some distrotion or eq..then transfer into Cubase and chop the fuck out of em...

if you've got any of the new Proteus modules (2k, mophat, b3 etc..)...the 'world' expansion board should be out soon and that has loads of ethnic percussion...really nice samples as well..cool for writing tribal techno and house...

Message 3/4                 Date: 15-Feb-01  @  03:12 PM   -   RE: New Glenn Wilson

CHop!

Link?:  No link

thanks for your reply, i think Wavesurgeon would also be good for chopping the beats, send back to a4k, pre maped and presto. Good idea.
What is the "world" expansion board?

Ch0p!

Message 4/4                 Date: 16-Feb-01  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: New Glenn Wilson

Jez

Link?: Link

the new Emu sound module along with Mophatt and another one. If you've got any of the new Emu modules they are expandable..the new 'world' soundset should be out soon..

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum