0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: hihats in a sampler

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 18-Jul-00  @  08:45 PM   -   hihats in a sampler

john.walsh

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

How do you program hi hats in a sampler?
say you have your clsd hat and your long open hat , how do you close it using a sampler

is it with amp envelopes?

i'm not using a sampler but the sond fonts on a guy's sound card and he has envelopes on the card.but i really don't understand anyway so spell it out for me. thanks

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 19-Jul-00  @  05:48 AM   -   RE: hihats in a sampler

Jasper

well on a sampler you'd simply assign the ophh & clhh to the same group.. one won't play at the same time as the other then.

to emulate this with an amplitude envelope you could set the ophh env release time to be very quick, on the sequencer use a piano view rather than drum editor. the note length determines how long the open hihat plays for.

Message 3/5                 Date: 19-Jul-00  @  01:12 PM   -   RE: hihats in a sampler

Rhea

Link?:  Link

or you could set an open hh sample on "note off" mode (if you have that in your sampler). Now you'll need hold the key down on your keyboard in order to play the sample in its entirety hence the hh will sound "open", but if just tap on the key (quick pressing and releasing)the hh will sound "closed"

Hope this makes sense. I do this all the time on my MPC.

Peace

Message 4/5                 Date: 19-Jul-00  @  05:06 PM   -   RE: hihats in a sampler

k

yes... and to make it less abvrasive, make the actual sample envelope with a slight release slope so it doesn't suddenly dissapear when you release the key or the note-length in the sequence ends... you want it to stop with a slight decay to the sound like a fast fade out cos an open hi-hat slice has decay when released.. however, a 'pedal' hat, is when you apply downward pressure and literally crush the two hat faces together.. then you get a very fast decay. but the Live soundfonts might have no way to set the sample length to note length (like the guy above says, the sample will play until the key/note is released, up to the maximum length of the sample) - If that is the case then you're only saving grace would be if the envelope was midi controllable you coiuld then adjust the hat legths with a contrlller input... or... make different length samples into a set of hats, then make your patterns with those combined to taste

Message 5/5                 Date: 20-Jul-00  @  01:23 AM   -   RE: hihats in a sampler

john.walsh the etc

Thanks for your info
i dont know about sound fonts...
specifically the isis maxi studio card.

Does any one know about sound fonts and hihats

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum