0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: classical dub drum machines?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7                 Date: 07-Jul-00  @  04:32 AM   -   classical dub drum machines?

kef

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Im looking for some info on tne drum machines you sometimes hear on old dub tracks. What models are used and how much are the different machines today?

/kef

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/7                 Date: 07-Jul-00  @  06:23 AM   -   RE: classical dub drum machines?

k

blimey - drum boxes were there for that transitional period when dub was still using it's traditional style but using machines... for that well, any of the drums from that period, for upper-class it'd be Linn's and stuff... lower class'd be tr707 type boxes... but when reggea moved into Ragga & dancehall then Casio home keyboards were very popular.

Message 3/7                 Date: 07-Jul-00  @  08:53 AM   -   RE: classical dub drum machines?

damballah

Link?:  Link

some of the stuff you're hearing might be a syndrum, too.

Message 4/7                 Date: 09-Jul-00  @  12:45 PM   -   RE: classical dub drum machines?

Pongoid

606 is classic for dancehall, and believe it or not, the 505 as well. Dinky little sounding things, but they work.

Ape

Message 5/7                 Date: 10-Jul-00  @  09:33 AM   -   RE: classical dub drum machines?

k

yup those roland cheapies too.... syndrums.. heh heh... yes... they did didnt they :P

Message 6/7                 Date: 10-Jul-00  @  11:18 AM   -   RE: classical dub drum machines?

Marc

I remember going down to the BMF (British Music Fair) when they released those Syndrums :o)
Four little pads on a plastic box ?
I wonder why they didn't sell ? :o)

Marc.

Message 7/7                 Date: 10-Jul-00  @  12:27 PM   -   RE: classical dub drum machines?

damballah

Yeah, I was listening to one of the early 'Dancehall Stylee' discs over the weekend and TR-505 all over the sucker. Syndrum? Sly had one. On a bunch of Michigan and Smiley tracks, also. Might have been a house one at Studio One. I dunno. I'll ask the old rasta I know next time I run into him.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum