0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Compression and drums. How the ???

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 19-Jun-00  @  09:39 AM   -   Compression and drums. How the ???

john.walsh

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I gotta know ...
how do you use compression in drums because i've got no idea on what to do.
i know kinda of what compresion does (lowers dynamic range makes it sound "tight?") but how do you use it to make a good beat sound better
any suggestions ,help, tips, wild ramblings on the subject will be recived with open arms and ears and will be praised for curing "apathia compressia dynamica"
(ignorance of Dynamic compression)  

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 19-Jun-00  @  12:52 PM   -   RE: Compression and drums. How the ???

k

try the compressor page in the FX-RACK section of this site - there's some stuff there all about it

Message 3/4                 Date: 20-Jun-00  @  05:29 AM   -   RE: Compression and drums. How the ???

agonie

hey john!

compression: did you already try it? it is not very hard to get what compression does.
in my opinion compression is mainly useful for the mix, for editing samples you won't get stunning results.
c. kills outranging frequencies (? right word?) and adds some specially in the lower levels. it is very common to use this effect in popular music, but often you can't hear it, cause they just used it for fixing the frequenz (dam word again!) a bit.
the revolution burst out when drum'n'bass programmer (goldie was the first i think) tried to create fat, subsonic basses. listen to a typical d+b bassline and compare with your synth, apart from the heavy filters you will discover that the bass sounds clean but deep and - hey just listen, i don't wanna blame myself with my shitty english!

NEWCASTLE: i was there some months ago and i LIKE it, dirty and boring though. do you know BLOODY FIST?
it's a record label producing unique kinda hardcore (amiga), mark sells some records a well, very nice guy!
if you live in newcastle and you didn't know them, get up your ass and visit bloody fist.

Message 4/4                 Date: 21-Jun-00  @  08:19 AM   -   RE: Compression and drums. How the ???

john.walsh etc ....

Bloody fist ....
I'm thinking one day when bloody fist stop the nazi tactics with the "it's only good if it was made on a amiga" record policy i would definatly sign up for life member ship..
funkin talented little shits are they , problem though the industrials just getting a little annoying. The breaks stuff they do is so very top notch and so very lovely.
But hey they ARE a indutrial label so i suppose they can do what they like.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum