0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Creating Amens

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 18-Jun-00  @  08:42 PM   -   Creating Amens

mjp92

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

At the moment, I'm trying to create Jungle/Drum n Bass Amens from individual drums rather than just using loops, which is very inhibative, and often quite messy... Does anyone have the drum formula for the original Amen brothers break? I'd be most interested...
Also, does anyone know a good site for downloading DnB samples?
Anyway the groove I've added is how I think it goes at the moment, but it just doesn't right...

Thanks for your help.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 19-Jun-00  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: Creating Amens

0/d

Link?: Link

I dunno about the amen break ,but heres a website with loads of breaks and beats and stuff.(i don't think they are very legal though)

Message 3/3                 Date: 01-Jul-00  @  12:25 PM   -   RE: Creating Amens

status

Link?:  No link

Here's a thought, download the program AMEN i think you can find it in the files section. It comes with the Amen break and the ability to speed it up, slow it down or rearrange it. Once you've downloaded it slow it down to 80bpm (or slower if you like.) Then save it as a wav file. If you have cubase or any other audio ready sequencer, set the bpm to the same as the amen.wav and drag the wav in to an audio track. Then you can loop it and on a midi track record in the singular drum notes at the same time. Once the looped audio and the looped notes you've played in match, you have recreated the Amen break and can then up the bpm to 150-160, delete the audio track and hey-presto! you got your break.

If the above seems long winded try just listening to the amen break at half speed and take note of what the drums are doing. ;-)

status

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum