0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: apregiation for trance

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 13-Jun-00  @  03:11 PM   -   apregiation for trance

ausar7

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

first of all this site kicks ass
ive defected from boring ass hiphop to start doing hard trance and jungle my question is how do u do
arpreggiated basses line (i know i spelled it wrong)
they arent jus playing all those notes are they ?
peace from cali
sunra

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 13-Jun-00  @  10:44 PM   -   RE: apregiation for trance

jondennis101

Link?:  Link

If u have a reasonable synth it will have a range of appregio settings. Hit any note and this will automatically do this. The same goes for most synth modules, it's a case of pressing a button. Have a play around with a Roland Mc303 in a shop or something,

Laterz

Jon

Message 3/5                 Date: 14-Jun-00  @  11:39 AM   -   RE: apregiation for trance

k

trance often has two basslines, a primary and sub-line... sometimes one just chugs along working in sympathy with the kik-drum to re-inforce the kik pattern (basic groove push), the other emphasises beats within that pattern, sometimes one is 'rounder' and softer than the other, so one is more audible and the other just 'pushes' the sound imperceptibly.

Message 4/5                 Date: 14-Jun-00  @  12:08 PM   -   RE: apregiation for trance

JAWA

On you bassline definitely try and keep it off the beat, no that doesn't mean that it has to go only on the off beat ala' bouncy uplifting hard house style..... instead try and create a bassline that plays around the 4/4 kik pattern thus reinforcing it, basically you'll hear a lot of trance records that when they break down and the kik isn't present, it's hard to keep track of the timing, then when the kik comes in it all falls into place and sounds fantastic....... EXAMPLE: Tilt "I dream" the bonus of this stlye is it means that the kik will come through much more prominently and the tune will really really drive.......

Hope that's helpful,

JAWA

Message 5/5                 Date: 14-Jun-00  @  01:01 PM   -   RE: apregiation for trance

ausar7

one love dank you

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum