0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Electro?

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9                 Date: 09-Jun-00  @  01:28 PM   -   Electro?

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

So...who's makin it? Who's got stuff to listen to? Stuff to recommend?

Ape

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/9                 Date: 10-Jun-00  @  07:50 AM   -   RE: Electro?

JAWA

Link?:  No link

Ahhh wiiicked, "planet rock", "electric boogie"

I love that old school Afrika Bambaata shit, nowadays my good man, its refered to as Nu-Skool Breaks, if you ever get to see a DJ called Adam Freeland, that's the type of stuff, very rare, very underground, and fucking class, he occasionally plays at Twilo in NY, when he's not over here in England, really good too builds his sets up like those trance sets of old.......

Tracks to check out:
Most of the good stuff is only available on limited press vinyl though but these tracks you'll be able to get on CD and they are all wiiiiiiicked......

"Hip-Hop Phenomenon" BT&Adam Freeland (this is A-MAZING)
"Y3K" Mix CD
Anything by "Tipper"
"Tecktonic" Adam Freeland Mix cd
"Fibonacci Sequence" BT

Yeah definitely check out the Hip Hop phenomenon tune on BT's "Movement in Still Life" album, wack up the volume and just go mental!!

Laters,

JAWA

Message 3/9                 Date: 10-Jun-00  @  11:13 AM   -   RE: Electro?

H

I thought you were making electro with your er1 and Q.I'd like to hear some.Any mp3s?Look up on a search engine "crucial electro links"also Sanboxmassive has old mantronix records on realaudio Ignore the mc.Some of the funkiest fairly recent shit I've ever heard is Soul Oddity ,Tone Capsule.This shit is some extraordinary MC202 funk.There are alot of 808 break programmers in S.Florida.Maybe you should give Unkle Ted a call and ask for some vinyl.Just look up Unkle Ted on yahoo.He is one of the best promoters and record store owners in S.Fla.

Message 4/9                 Date: 12-Jun-00  @  08:18 AM   -   RE: Electro?

Pongoid

Yeah, been listenin to Soul Oddity for years, two others to check are Bolz Bolz ,and Unit. Both excellent, not Nu-Skool. Way beyond that shit. Nu-Skool is mostly cut up stuff from crews like Fuel, and Day Tripper; Good shit too, but different. Some of the Miami stuff is okay, but so far it's still primarily Detoit and Germany that I've heard the best stuff come out of. Unit's out of NY, but he's pretty alone there right now. Met Afrika Bambaata a few weeks in NY. He's still doin stuff, but I'm not sure what. As for my stuff? I've been to busy at gigs to remember to record it. I heard someone bootlegged a set I did yesterday, but don't know who. Anybody else on the site doin it?

Ape

Message 5/9                 Date: 13-Jun-00  @  09:05 AM   -   RE: Electro?

H

If your into vocoders the seekers voice spectra is a beast.The controls are pretty basic but the unit oozes class.The built in speech/pitch tracking works like a charm.It's amp depth too!100% analog too with a built in Osc.

H

Message 6/9                 Date: 13-Jun-00  @  11:36 AM   -   RE: Electro?

Pongoid

I hate to admit it, but one of the coolest I've heard yet is the Micromodular's vocoder. Sick as fuck, and cheaper than Thoriginal Korgs and Rolands. Good shit. Thanks for the heads up.
Stuff I am working on at the moment is kinda hybrid electro/funk/techno/wierdness with a little experimental downtempo thrown in for good measure. Haven't recorded it yet. Still in the embryonic stages, but as soon as incubation is complete, specimens will be made available for examination. Holding one's nose is advised as the stench will be of the lip curling, ass wiggling sort, not for the square of mind.

Ape

Message 7/9                 Date: 13-Jun-00  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: Electro?

H

I considered the micro but I just can't stand being tethered to a computer.I got one of those 2 module Analogue Solutions Mini Power System and for bleepz,boinkz,klangz,bass drumz,tomz,on and on and on even 50's sci fi fx this thing rocks.I decided to get my head out of my analog ass and try to put my EA-1 back into use it does have a little bit of it's own character.Thanks for the inspiration I've been a bit closeted in my electro fetish but it seems all this talk about electro is gettin me back in the mood for some funk.Did you get to hear that LFO/Planet Rock shit from '90?Where the fuck can I find that on vinyl?

H

Message 8/9                 Date: 13-Jun-00  @  05:45 PM   -   RE: Electro?

pongoid

Maybe E-bay? New York? Thrift stores? You never know with the classic stuff where it'll turn up. Electro must live!!! This stuff is way too phat to go the way of....erm...uh...the rest of the good stuff that has faded away... Why do so few talk about the most ass-shakin style of electronic music there is? Imean this is a dance music site, and who can't get down to some really good electro? I'm in France right now, and this Sunday, I heard some of the baddest electro I've ever heard from some amazing French DJ's. The whole crowd (that was still capable of standing) was buggin out, lovin cuz they never get to hear much of it here. Those that couldn't stand were still bopping their heads. By all accounts, that never happens here at an underground party. Hoping to see more of that all over.

Ape

Ape

Message 9/9                 Date: 13-Jun-00  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: Electro?

H

Most of what people call electro in the grand scheme of marketing is anything but.I think most people don't have a true representation of electro because they don't understand ass shakin' bass quakin' resonant funk.When I talk about S.Fla. I am really referencing Tampa and the Gulf Coast part.My friends had this club called Moongate just over the Gandy bridge from Tampa.You would have really flipped in this place.But as always when there is a real gem the coppers come and shut it down.I wish that there was a high quality distibution for quality electro I'd try to get down w/ something like that.Maybe we should exchange a couple of tracks and see how much common ground there is.I've got to do some rewiring but I'll try to get some shit finished this week so you can check it out.

H

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum