0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: superfunk beats

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8                 Date: 04-Jun-00  @  01:16 PM   -   superfunk beats

michael

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

can someone please post some superfunk-style house beats or even explain how house producers keep you listening to the same damn 4/4 beat for so long.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/8                 Date: 04-Jun-00  @  09:34 PM   -   RE: superfunk beats

yourmom

Who fucking knows?I think you need a room full of Morons first.UH and then maybe a 909.

Message 3/8                 Date: 05-Jun-00  @  10:30 AM   -   RE: superfunk beats

solid_snake_999

it's about variety...
you gotta change the music in the middle of the song.
like puttin' a 50 sec. freestyle in middle of a house track, or taking out the beats in the middle of the song and bring it back after a min....
that's what i think..you can even do a little tango in the middle if you want... 

Message 4/8                 Date: 07-Jun-00  @  02:57 AM   -   RE: superfunk beats

roger.spielmann

well, i think the right shuffle/swing amount can do a lot to your 4/4 beat. vary with velocity...it's also important that the loop sounds punchy so try eq and compressor. i know there are alot of producers which add another loop in the background with no kick to the main loop to let it sound more full.

Message 5/8                 Date: 07-Jun-00  @  03:00 AM   -   RE: superfunk beats

roger.spielmann

well, i think the right shuffle/swing amount can do a lot to your 4/4 beat. vary with velocity...it's also important that the loop sounds punchy so try eq and compressor. i know there are alot of producers which add another loop in the background with no kick to the main loop to let it sound more full.

Message 6/8                 Date: 21-Jun-00  @  03:35 PM   -   hiphouse

biogenik

Link?:  Link

what the hell ever happened to hiphouse?
was run dmc vs j nevins 'its like that' hiphouse?
i cant work it out!

Message 7/8                 Date: 22-Jun-00  @  12:27 AM   -   RE: superfunk beats

tjader

bring back fast eddie!

Message 8/8                 Date: 05-Jul-00  @  10:53 PM   -   RE: superfunk beats

krisgot

Or Jungle Brothers, Betty Boo, Monie Love... It was big in 1990.

It's not so much the beat itself as the anticipation of what's coming: song, synth hook. The right mix of sounds. The groove.

Sometimes it's easier to build a drum track on top a melody or simple riff.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum