0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: How do I shuffle/stuttering effect?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 03-Jun-00  @  11:04 PM   -   How do I shuffle/stuttering effect?

novice

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Please bear with me, when I listen to dnb artists like photek I hear this beat shuffling and i can't reproduce it by just putting 3 beats in consecutive order. Now is that just a live sampled sound or can you actually reproduce it using the the old box grid??

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 04-Jun-00  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: How do I shuffle/stuttering effect?

pho(ny)tek

DELAY!!!!!!!

Message 3/6                 Date: 05-Jun-00  @  04:16 PM   -   RE: How do I shuffle/stuttering effect?

ianrhodes

You can but it's tough, it's way easier to sample
your beat and cut it up and stuff. then resample it
and mess with triggering options

Message 4/6                 Date: 05-Jun-00  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: How do I shuffle/stuttering effect?

r-tek

sometimes producers just lift the shuffles off breaks and stick it in their own programmed beats. If u dont wanna do that, then program in the 3 beats and mess with the timing slightly and play around with the velocity so it swings some. Also, a lot of the time in tracks when u think you`re hearing 3 snares, its actually a quiet kick with a snare either side which shuffles much nicer.

Just experiment anyway, concentrate on enjoying it, and it`ll all slot into place in no time matey.

Message 5/6                 Date: 09-Jun-00  @  07:08 AM   -   RE: How do I shuffle/stuttering effect?

JAWA

No its not that hard with delay, just a simpleyet rhythmic two tap jobbie will do the trick, trust me......

Message 6/6                 Date: 12-Jun-00  @  10:32 AM   -   RE: How do I shuffle/stuttering effect?

marsmusic

I Think this is the basic drum-patern.
Just shift the secund and third basskick,make it lazy
in timing.A very lazy timing gives you a nice
groove!!!!!!!!
Or replace these hits with a ghost-snare sound.
Very important: use different volumes/velocities.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum