0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Drum station or ER1

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9                 Date: 27-May-00  @  05:49 AM   -   Drum station or ER1

component_1

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I want more drums. I have used the ER1 as a tone module and haven't used the Drum Station. I like the ER1 minus it's kick drum (no matter how much I
tried I couldn't a deep umphy thump out of it). I know the Drum Station is a 909/808 emulator, but can it go past that. Input please.........and Yes I can't afford the Jomax Airbass

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/9                 Date: 27-May-00  @  09:20 AM   -   RE: Drum station or ER1

k

the drumstation can go further, IF you use it on seperate outs with outboard eq & fx etc... but it doesnt have like filters and stuff, also the tuning range is smallish, it is supposed to give you the faithful TR kits with pretty much the same facilities as the originals.... a s/h sampler might be worth a look..... s/h s1000's are cheap now and there are millions of samples available for it - or go 12 bit with an s950/900 e-max etc - with all of them you get an 8 output drum & loop box with anything from reasonable to good synthesis..... filters at least and huge tuning, and all the other fx a real sampler gives you in terms of the sounds you can make

Message 3/9                 Date: 27-May-00  @  10:50 AM   -   RE: Drum station or ER1

component_1

I heard this from people before and the only thing that is stopping is...well I like the idea of a dedicated hard ware piece and the fact that I
haven't tried that method.......and ......thank you..I think there is a reason I've had people tell me to get a sampler. I really don't have the slightest
clue on what to get. The reason I was looking at these drum boxes was because they were in my price range. I have always told myself that if
I was going to buy a sampler it would be a high end sampler. But as you were so nice to point out a 12 bit sampler could do the job for
drums. So what do you think would be a good solid middle of the line sampler is. Or soon I'm buying a computer to finish up my projects, I
could do it on that-yes? P.S. I'm buying a MAC Thanks again

Message 4/9                 Date: 30-May-00  @  12:40 AM   -   RE: Drum station or ER1

nothingnewhere

Link?: Link

Ive got a Akai s700 up for auction, and its great for drums... i just realized that i'd rather get a Waldorf Pulse and just do my drums on the pc untill i get a drum machine or 2... go read about it by clicking the link... its got all the extras and has the same sound engine as the MPC-60 i believe

sorry for advertising here, but my auction is getting no bids! :-P

Message 5/9                 Date: 31-May-00  @  08:01 AM   -   RE: Drum station or ER1

Jasper

You really do need extra outboard stuff if you want the drumstation to sound like tracks your hear and without sampling it. (one of the reasons I sold mine and bought a sampler).

I'm talking a two channel compressor, decent eq (parametric?), maybe even a filter to get the best stuff out of this box and I aint even started on about fx units.

so if you've got another 400 to 500 quid spare  

Message 6/9                 Date: 02-Jun-00  @  12:43 PM   -   RE: Drum station or ER1

Pongoid

Link?: Link

Another thought is the Xbase or the Airbase. Both sound amazing. check out at www.jomox.com.

Message 7/9                 Date: 02-Jun-00  @  01:27 PM   -   RE: Drum station or ER1

component

Thanks for the suggestion. But I'm ordering the Q (32 voice) rack and I'm in the process of getting a Mac G3/G4 + Logic Plat.+ a sound card ++++ . All that together = to much money. I've check it out and it's something I'd buy in a hart beat if I had more cash. You think the drums on the Q will do the trick
Pongoid.

Message 8/9                 Date: 05-Jun-00  @  05:14 PM   -   RE: Drum station or ER1

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

Yeah, the Q has some pretty amazing drum sounds, and if you really know your synthesis techniques, you can make all of the sounds that the drum stsation makes except the hats, and those are easy to come by on the web. You'll want to sample the drum sounds digital direct off the Q (built in s/pdf...) into Logic, because it only has four voice multitimbrality for drums, you'll see. Even so, the sounds you can make with it are so out of this world, you won't need too much else, but you'd better have some time on your hands to program it cuz it's DEEP. Like I said, you'll see. Looks like you're getting equipped to do some damage.

Ape

Message 9/9                 Date: 05-Jun-00  @  07:19 PM   -   RE: Drum station or ER1

component

That's what I'm going for! Hey thanks allot for all the help, you have really helped me allot. I'm going for the small but deadly set up e.g. G3 500 mhz laptop, with Logic plat, Q (32 Voice) rack, Rm1x, and I have an order on the Virus Indigo. I'll see about the Indigo. I'm not sure with after getting the Q I'll need it, but I do have dirty little fetish for the design of the thing. The Indigo is very sexy piece. Hopefully I wont have to
much down time figuring this stuff out. Now all I need is direct access with Warp records. Had it before, but the fucking guy made a pass on my girlfriend. When will American D.J.'s learn that just because they mix doesn't mean> _____________( fill in the blank ). Alex

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum