0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Novation Drums

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 12-May-00  @  07:07 AM   -   Novation Drums

Mr. Jet Opal

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

If I bought a Novation Drumstation, what would I use to control it, I'm sort of new with the whole dealy-o. The same goes for any rack mount, how would I control a rack.

Mr Jet Opal

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 12-May-00  @  10:24 AM   -   RE: Novation Drums

Jasper

you got a computer right?

just get a decent sequencer, there is a logic download that's free there is a thread in the main forum called "free logic, holy shit!!!!" with the address, very capeable it's just stripped down on the wav audio stuff.

and a midi lead for your soundcard, so that'd be like 12-20 quid.

to be honest for you first kit to buy.. get a sampler.. the drumstation is 320 new right, for another 80 quid you can get an akai s2000 from turnkey.

you'll be able to get samples of the drums AND synths, bass, vox, fx whatever.. do complete basic tunes. the drumstation does not even start sounding good until you have bought a mixer,fx,compressor, etc. but with a sampler you can load it up with drums pre-eq'd and effected

honest...

look anywhere on this site and you'll find the same response.

again... buy a sampler, sampler, sampler.

Message 3/4                 Date: 12-May-00  @  10:28 AM   -   RE: Novation Drums

Frostbyte

Sequencer, keyboard, other drum box, anything that sends midi data.Maybe even stuff that dont if they have cv output and you have a cv to midi box (this is pure speculation, I know the other way around is true, so why not  

Message 4/4                 Date: 12-May-00  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: Novation Drums

K

if your using those roland Tr sounds alot, but you want more, i'd say a Drumstation + an old mono 8 out 12 bit, plus a mixer would be a good bet for drum storming madness... that'd be a 16 channel mix if you had 16 channels.... plus a delay & reverb whatever... togther that'd cost a bit tho even all s/h i dunno...

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum