0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: REBIRTH and DNB BASELINES

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 05-May-00  @  12:05 PM   -   REBIRTH and DNB BASELINES

jlewis

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I just got Rebirth the other day and and I am already trying to figure out how to make phat rolling dnb baselines. I ran across this track that uses Rebirth baselines. Can anybody to me how they made those baselines?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 05-May-00  @  07:22 PM   -   RE: REBIRTH and DNB BASELINES

SB

Link?:  No link

Use just a couple of notes maybe a semitone apart with loads of slides. Also, copy your bassline to the second 303 and detune it slightly.

Try the fruity loops demo(2.5), the 404 will produce better flowing interesting basslines as it has an lfo. Add a maxbass style plug-in and some distortion for a more aggressive sound.

I don't think any of the soft synths are going to flap your trousers though!

Message 3/3                 Date: 12-May-00  @  07:36 AM   -   RE: REBIRTH and DNB BASELINES

renzo

Link?:  No link

Wouldn't waste my time with trying to make basslines in rebirth. I think the only interesting basses you can play with are those sampled in the mods - playing with the filtering, tuning, layering etc. of those standard bass samples is better than trying to get any 'jungle b-line' outta a couple of 303s.

What's the deal with that track you pasted, rebirth sounds don't sound to good with those old loops.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum