0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: dark D n B help please

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11                 Date: 27-Apr-00  @  10:16 PM   -   dark D n B help please

Mindframe

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

can any one help me to generate my own pads and fx's
sounds for some dark drum and bass.
as i dont whant to use sample cd's as every one else can use the same sounds.
also is there a place on the net that beginners like me can talk to more experianced produces in real time.
ie. chat rooms ect..
thanks for any help Mindframe

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/11                 Date: 27-Apr-00  @  10:45 PM   -   RE: dark D n B help please

chris

Link?: Link

What kind of equipment do you have? Samplers/synths/software? Try the link above, there is lot's of freeware here that can make crazy FX and sounds.

Message 3/11                 Date: 27-Apr-00  @  11:36 PM   -   RE: dark D n B help please

Mindframe

i am useing a pc with cubase vst 3.7, rebirth, recycle, soundforge.
i have proteus 2000 that i use mainly for strings and some basses and a soundblaster live that i am useing as a sampler untill i can aford a proper one.
i whould like to know what s/w synths or what ever and any tip or techniques i could use to get some really dark and organic sound.
sorry about not listing equip list and thanks to any one that can help me.
ps is there any caht rooms that have experianced people that i can talk to in real time.

Message 4/11                 Date: 28-Apr-00  @  04:05 PM   -   RE: dark D n B help please

Rhea

I use my Nord Lead 2 for all my textures and FX. I usually programme a patch in it, sample it, add some delay, reverb, distorsion etc. You can check some examples on a couple of dnb trax on my page: "Operation Pragma", and "Minimalista"

Peace

Message 5/11                 Date: 29-Apr-00  @  12:27 PM   -   SQUAD

whatever

I think you should try to pitch the shit of your samples... It´s is worth a try..

Try to make them more dirty in Goldwave or Sound Forge.

Message 6/11                 Date: 30-Apr-00  @  02:54 AM   -   RE: dark D n B help please

Divine(RB)

I'f you'r a rebirther (legal this is) then ther's tons and tons off mods that will help you whit that. the INFERNALiSER, AXIOM_PEACE, AmberVison etc etc for example, just download Hotline and go to rebirth.niftywerks.com and youäll find 150 mods or so.

Message 7/11                 Date: 30-Apr-00  @  09:19 AM   -   RE: dark D n B help please

raph

same can be said for those on the illegal side

Message 8/11                 Date: 30-Apr-00  @  11:29 PM   -   RE: dark D n B help please

jojo the dogfaced boy

not true cause illlegal rebirth can't use mods... unless u got the lucky few versions which where cracked from the real program not the demo...
demo can't use the mods

Message 9/11                 Date: 01-May-00  @  11:17 PM   -   RE: dark D n B help please

Mindframe

yep but the sounds in rebirth are samples i whould like to know more about creating these sounds my self
ie sftware, tecniques ect...
plese if any one can help this whould be apriciated
thanks.

Message 10/11                 Date: 18-May-00  @  02:10 AM   -   RE: dark D n B help please

Espoo2

Nah, even if you got the demo cracked version, you can use the illegal mod's, made for that version, with a modpacker program....

I'd suggest just getting a sound you like from somewhere, be it a sample cd or even from samplenet, and then fuckin with it in soundforge, drop a couple of octaves or three and use it with your sampler (or do you have any kind of sample software?)

Poolside and having babies.

Message 11/11                 Date: 13-Jun-00  @  02:35 PM   -   RE: dark D n B help please

SBR

There are so many VST (or VST compatible) soft synths available now that would do exactly what you want...the only problem is they aren't particularly cheap. Stuff like the Retro AS-1 VST, Pro Five and PPG Wave would all do it but are pricey. The only other thing I can suggest is trying out the Atom Muon, which is I believe freeware...

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum