0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: making beats

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10                 Date: 12-Apr-00  @  03:01 PM   -   making beats

cc

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hi! i want to make music like massive attack, morsheeba, lamb, portishead...etc...trip hop, that's what i would call it anyway....but i don't know how to get the beats...is there a great sample CD anybody knows of with great trip hop beats or a drum machine or What? i have no idea how to get started making phat beats for this kind of music.

thanks!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/10                 Date: 12-Apr-00  @  04:35 PM   -   RE: making beats

k

what s/w you use for composing, what gear is it alinged with?

Message 3/10                 Date: 12-Apr-00  @  05:08 PM   -   RE: making beats

cc

I have a computer and I'm recording with cubase...I have a controller keyboard, but i don't have a sampler yet...any ideas on sampler would be useful too!

Message 4/10                 Date: 12-Apr-00  @  05:08 PM   -   RE: making beats

cc

I have a computer and I'm recording with cubase...I have a controller keyboard, but i don't have a sampler yet...any ideas on sampler would be useful too!

Message 5/10                 Date: 13-Apr-00  @  01:41 PM   -   RE: making beats

dobbo

Check the E-mu samplers, the filters are wicked.

Regards
Dobbo

Message 6/10                 Date: 13-Apr-00  @  01:45 PM   -   RE: making beats

k

yup... try an old esi maybe or an s2000...for other cool s/h samplers see the SAMPLER section lists - s950 is a great starter sampler too

Message 7/10                 Date: 01-May-00  @  04:04 PM   -   RE: making beats

k

Link?: Link

well, here's a novation drumstation doing a beat with a supernova bassline... what gives it the fluidity is some subtle triplet delay on the hats & clap to get a roll to the beat... but so low it's almost hidden, plus reverb... plus some added harmonic distortion to mess up the drums a bit, plus some eq .... & compression on the kik, clap & rimshot...

Message 8/10                 Date: 01-May-00  @  05:25 PM   -   RE: making beats

dobbo

love the lopp k - do you have it on midi??

Message 9/10                 Date: 17-Jul-00  @  12:27 PM   -   RE: making beats

Solid Algoriddim

i just bought the new ES-1 and it is great for riddim sampling. you can do some amazing things even scratches.

Message 10/10                 Date: 17-Jul-00  @  01:47 PM   -   RE: making beats

swanofnever

whether you're gonna get a smapler or just stick to s/w, please do yourself a favour and check out:

http://www.phatdrumloops.com/old_site/full_list.html

(warning -- it's about 700k so give it time to load)
just download a couple hundred (!!!) breaks, and spend a few weeks chopping and polishing...

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum