0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Old School Industrial Beats

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 17-Mar-00  @  09:11 AM   -   Old School Industrial Beats

rak3889

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

How do you get that real old school (like Front 242's first album) type feel. That like, kinda military march, yet strangly dancealbe type feel. I know it's rather simple sounding, but i gotta start something. Can't go wrong with good old fashioned boot stomping music. Thanks in advance
Rob

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 18-Mar-00  @  03:30 AM   -   RE: Old School Industrial Beats

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

Just get an ensoniq sampler, and sample in eight bit, and use an mmt8 to sequence, and use super minimal rythms with lots of dirty snare. That'll be a start. Good Luck.

Ape

Message 3/5                 Date: 18-Mar-00  @  06:05 AM   -   RE: Old School Industrial Beats

nobody

don't forget to find a good hard floor to stomp on with yer boots.. good sound source, them floors... found a really great percussive resonating sound in smacking a 28" plastic garden stake on a wood porch & letting it bounce up & hold hand loose enough to let it twangkk.. great sound.. i must find a way to record it, but it's say 70' in cable length from may sampler.. anyone want to buy me a portable dat??

Message 4/5                 Date: 20-Mar-00  @  10:50 AM   -   RE: Old School Industrial Beats

rak3889

Link?:  No link

So if i wanted a cheap sampler for noisy drum sounds, and maybe some "real" world sounds (eg jack hammers, hammers, etc..) what one should i get? I want something that's not too extravagent. I want to be able to get a sound, upload it to my comp, mess with it with soundforge and then put it back in my sampler? Is there something affordable that does this?
Thanks;
Rob

Message 5/5                 Date: 21-Mar-00  @  07:04 AM   -   RE: Old School Industrial Beats

nobody

there are plenty of samplers that will allow that. some read & write .wav files only from disk. others will accept all the formats they can use over scsi. i'm unable to reccomend a specific sampler though. the list is too big & i've only had exerience with using three different samplers. sampler's yer buddy, but so is a good mic preamp if yer gonna be recording sounds from the world.. although that really won't matter if you just want to grab percussive sounds, i'd bet.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum