0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: What would you call this kind of beat?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 08-Mar-00  @  05:46 AM   -   What would you call this kind of beat?

David_Kizale

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I listen to alot of house and older techno, etc. But lately I've been listening to "big beat" type of stuff (Chemical Brothers, etc).
It seems like their music is just thicker and more raw than some of the other types of electronic music out there. It sounds more aggressive and "in your face".

I know "big beat" isn't a very descriptive term, so I'm wondering what types of beats these bands use. (again, just using Chemical Brothers as an example most people have heard of). I've heard "breakbeat" associated with them...

I went and counted the BPM's of most of their music (singles and remixes included) and a very high majority of it falls around 120 BPM. I don't know if that gives any kind of indication as to what they do.

Anyway, I hear that kind of music in my head, but for some reason I have a hard time getting it out into my sequencer or whatever. So I'd like to know where to look. Breakbeats? Hip Hop loops? Or is just a giant stew of everything?

Thanks!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 08-Mar-00  @  10:07 AM   -   RE: What would you call this kind of beat?

R-Tek

invariably, hip hop breaks heavily compressed.

Message 3/3                 Date: 08-Mar-00  @  02:17 PM   -   RE: What would you call this kind of beat?

k

well, there are a bunch of old-skool breaks in the FILES section here, and check the links for SAMPLE links to others... otherwise, search www.metacrawler.com (it searches all the other main search engines' records, like altavista etc with each search) - great search engine

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum