0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Who made this beat?

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12                 Date: 01-Mar-00  @  09:07 PM   -   Who made this beat?

AK

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Here's a (break)beat I'm sure you've heard a million times. So have I, but I don't know who originally recorded it. If anyone knows (and even better, knows if it can be used freely) please let me know.

[22 kb]

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/12                 Date: 01-Mar-00  @  09:17 PM   -   RE: Who made this beat?

dalimachine

A good site that has heaps of beats and where they come from is: http://www.2xtreme.net/mhat/drums-aol.html
There are heaps there though, maybe a big job to look through 'em.

Message 3/12                 Date: 01-Mar-00  @  11:04 PM   -   RE: Who made this beat?

d-range#excite.com

it've seen that called 'the think break' so 'think' is probably part of the name of the orgianl track...

Message 4/12                 Date: 02-Mar-00  @  11:58 AM   -   RE: Who made this beat?

R-Tek

Link?:  No link

Yup, most definately one of the think breaks. Afraid u cant use it gratis though (technically). Someone told me it was by James Brown (though I`m not sure) who hires lawyers specifically 2 check 4 any samples of his work. BUT, it has been used in jungle tracks 4 donkeys, and junglists never pay 4 their samples, so u might get lucky.

Message 5/12                 Date: 02-Mar-00  @  05:58 PM   -   RE: Who made this beat?

AK

I found some Think breaks at the website mentioned above, but not the exact one I posted. The "Hot Pants" break (can be found on the same page) sounded more like mine, except for the "vocals". I'll take your word for it though.

Message 6/12                 Date: 02-Mar-00  @  06:10 PM   -   RE: Who made this beat?

d-range

the vocals are what i used to ID the song...
so i could be wrong, but thoese are the think vocals...

Message 7/12                 Date: 02-Mar-00  @  06:42 PM   -   RE: Who made this beat?

AK

I beleive you =) Stupid question: is this the same beat? It sounds very similar, but I'd just like to check with you guys...

(I'm running a website devoted to HammerHead Rhythm Station, from which all the posted breakbeats are taken. Lately several people have asked me about the origin of the included breakbeats, so that's why I'm asking you...) [45 kb]

Message 8/12                 Date: 02-Mar-00  @  06:44 PM   -   Errata

AK

Sorry, above is the correct link.

Message 9/12                 Date: 05-Mar-00  @  12:25 AM   -   RE: Who made this beat?

sage

damn it, what type of files are on those webpages. when i click on them realaudio player comes up and tells me that they are not realaudio doc. so... uh.. i dont know, but i know want to hear the beats

Message 10/12                 Date: 05-Mar-00  @  06:39 PM   -   RE: Who made this beat?

dalimachinehotmail.com

ok, bad suggestion then?

Message 11/12                 Date: 05-Mar-00  @  07:43 PM   -   RE: Who made this beat?

AK

The files should work fine with RealPlayer G2 and RealPlayer 7.

Message 12/12                 Date: 05-Mar-00  @  10:23 PM   -   RE: Who made this beat?

d-range

i had that problem with real audio a while ago, some place you can check your down load options, you need to download the works...

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum