0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Trance Beat Anyone??

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7                 Date: 10-Feb-00  @  11:16 AM   -   Trance Beat Anyone??

swifty

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Can anyone throw a basic trance beat into the groove template. I can't seem to get it right.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/7                 Date: 28-Feb-00  @  09:52 AM   -   RE: Trance Beat Anyone??

r.banks

Bit obvious and overused, fogive me if i'm patronising your musical knowledge, but it's definately one of the simplest and best loopz

Message 3/7                 Date: 12-Mar-00  @  02:22 PM   -   RE: Trance Beat Anyone??

stompee1

Link?: Link

im well into trance.. could share some tips?....chat? im a fuckin one man band too..i put 6 hrs a day into my learning curve ...the names stuart..wait to hear from ya ...yorkshire uk!

Message 4/7                 Date: 12-Mar-00  @  07:02 PM   -   RE: Trance Beat Anyone??

Jasper

Get yourself a nice short bass sound like the classic dx7, give it a slight overdrive and chuck it through a delay that's matched to tempo.. (ie 140 bpm would equal 214.3 ms or 428.6 ms delay time)

wait, that's not beats is it? right stick some drum sounds through the delay as well  

Message 5/7                 Date: 12-Mar-00  @  11:13 PM   -   RE: Trance Beat Anyone??

4uhlh

listen to Enigma, focus on the drums =)

Message 6/7                 Date: 13-Mar-00  @  11:34 AM   -   RE: Trance Beat Anyone??

SB

Are todays trance drums not just dull and unfunky with a ramped snare roll into every break?

What type of music is the word trance being used for this year anyway?

Message 7/7                 Date: 15-Mar-00  @  10:47 PM   -   RE: Trance Beat Anyone??

ModAsBlue

Link?: Link

It's way too easy to make bad trance that could sell...

kick-clap-kick-clap
eight note HH
16th note synth on a 3 key ABCA progression
whole note synth chord on a 3 key ABCA progression (say, C, A#, G, C)
paddy break every 16 measures with fake drama and cliched drum roll leading back to previous loop with cheese out lead...da d-da da da dah d-da dah, da d-da da da dah d-da da....

anyway...I don't know why i posted this. I just heard some really bad trance on this "sampler" promo tape I picked up from a local record store and it really pissed me off... I immediately threw it to the back seat and threw some Steve Stoll into the player.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum