0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: determining styles from beats

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 16-Aug-99  @  03:31 AM   -   determining styles from beats

phlow

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

short and sweet. ive never been able to decipher the differences between electro, trance, techno, house, etc. can someone give me a guide on determining different types of electronica?
ian

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 27-Aug-99  @  07:05 PM   -   RE: determining styles from beats

genesynthesis

hi, I can't give you any guidelines cuz I only know a little, but sometimes I check out streaming audio on the 'net or even mp3.com for categories & you can hear it...

if anyone could offer me any help in writing beats (the basics of what makes house, techno, and d'n'b what it is) that would be very cool of you, I sort of have a basic understanding but not too sure......thanks  

Message 3/5                 Date: 28-Aug-99  @  02:56 AM   -   RE: determining styles from beats

dtex

Hard Trance: Thok Thok Thok
House: Unsa Unsa Unsa
Techno: Doom Doom Doom
Jungle: Umph Umph da didily Umph Umph da didily

hint: Next time you are listening to techno look at what your left hand is doing- that is the snare
your right hand is the high-hat/cymbals
your head is the bass
and yo ass, times the heat of your meat divided by the angle of your dangle equals how funky you are.

Peace

Message 4/5                 Date: 30-Aug-99  @  01:03 PM   -   RE: determining styles from beats

Dru

Link?:  Link

Have you ever been to a party before???????It isn't rocket science.......

Message 5/5                 Date: 31-Aug-99  @  01:23 AM   -   RE: determining styles from beats

k

that.. is an article in itself... it'll have to be done...

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum