0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Theory / composition / technique

Subject: Juno Reactor

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13                 Date: 15-Feb-01  @  07:45 AM   -   Juno Reactor

paradise_regained

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Is anybody familiar with JR's song, Samurai? It's their best song in my opinion, if for nothing else, it's amazing sounds and engineering. My question is this: does anybody have any idea what hardware might have been used to produce a song like that? I'm aware that it's probably a hella expensive and way exotic setup, but I am still curious. Can always dream, right? Thanks!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/13                 Date: 15-Feb-01  @  10:12 AM   -   RE: Juno Reactor

gb

Try posting this at Music & tech - you're likely to get more answers there.

Message 3/13                 Date: 16-Feb-01  @  03:32 PM   -   RE: Juno Reactor

GT

That shite is the worst bollocks Ive EVER heard. I bought cd and nearly puked!!!!!!

Message 4/13                 Date: 16-Feb-01  @  06:47 PM   -   RE: Juno Reactor

casparproject

yeah, I bought one of their CD's too, not happy with it. the production was aight, but the songs themselved seemed kinda chintzy.

peaceout,

peter

Message 5/13                 Date: 16-Feb-01  @  11:39 PM   -   RE: Juno Reactor

shpongledboy

>That shite is the worst bollocks Ive EVER heard. I >bought cd and nearly puked!!!!!!

Maybe you just don't like Juno Reactor's style??? And if you don't like that kind of music it doesn't mean that it's worst bollocks ever. Or???

Peter... what is chintzy?

You guys should try some other juno's albums like Bible Of Dreams or Shango.  

Message 6/13                 Date: 17-Feb-01  @  09:09 PM   -   RE: Juno Reactor

casparproject

chintzy meaning almost, but not quite cheezy. I think it's Shango that I got. Mind you, the production is incredible, it's just the ideas themselves that I found kinda off. Like the silly cowboy crap and that. Just my opinion though. I certainly couldn't dance to most of the stuff on that disc. Not groovy enuff.

Peaceout,

Peter

Message 7/13                 Date: 17-Feb-01  @  10:20 PM   -   RE: Juno Reactor

shpongledboy

Ok.   So I like to listen weird music. :p

Message 8/13                 Date: 19-Feb-01  @  05:38 AM   -   RE: Juno Reactor

GT

no offence man, but JR should be getting better with each successive cd. amazon reviews touted "Bible of Dreams" but it has been my expirience that older cd's don't reflect the artist progress and current sound, so I bought Shango. these clowns have sampled sound like toilet droppings and call it tracks! wtf man?

Heh, again, Digweed's "Sidney" IS utter shite! 1996 rehashes, I'm still ready to KILL a man over this one too. However, BEDROCK is the best cd out there for the production!

Message 9/13                 Date: 19-Feb-01  @  12:26 PM   -   RE: Juno Reactor

shpongled

Well I totally disagree with you GT. I don't understand how you can say that Juno Reactor's production sucks. Why did you bought it if you don't like it?

Message 10/13                 Date: 19-Feb-01  @  10:30 PM   -   RE: Juno Reactor

0/d

Link?:  Link

I have to disagree with digweeds sydney cd being shite,ok Cd2 did have some cheese on it but cd1 is excellent,groove infected deep house at its best.

Message 11/13                 Date: 20-Feb-01  @  01:00 AM   -   RE: Juno Reactor

GT

JR's production doe NOT suck...but the sound effects and general assembly of the track don't flow for me. I bought it becuase I heard 1 track in a store and thought the rest of the cd would remain even keel. But... ;(

Message 12/13                 Date: 22-Feb-01  @  07:20 AM   -   RE: Juno Reactor

nasir

its psy-trance, i'm sure we could list all the labels and producers, blue room, tip, twisted, and you guys would say similar things.

Message 13/13                 Date: 22-Feb-01  @  03:53 PM   -   RE: Juno Reactor

anon

I think that Juno Reactor is different from other psy-trance although they fall in this category. They seem to be a little more industrial, fantastic, video-gameish, rather than psychedelic. Their sound on Bible of Dreams is a bit thin.

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum