0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Theory / composition / technique

Subject: Midi Output problems

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 05-Dec-00  @  12:17 AM   -   Midi Output problems

Lxg

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have just purchased a Yamaha CS6X, I have set it up Via the Midi In/Out conected to My SB Live Platinum Live Drive.

However when I try to Play the Synth Direct through Cubase or XG Works it only plays Tones which do not represent the Midi Sounds Generated from the Synth. It seems like The sounblaster is using the Yamaha as a trigger for its own on board Piano/Synth.

I would be very greatful If anyone has any sort of advice maybe I am overlooking something Obvious.

I have just had another look before posting and It seems if I upload a Midi File direct from The SmartMedia Card i still experience the same problems

Rips out clumps of Hair

LG

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 05-Dec-00  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: Midi Output problems

casparproject

Link?: Link

Err, midi is midi, audio is audio. The only way
you'll hear your synth is through the AUDIO output
of your synth. Midi is just a way of controlling it. So
what you do is you connect your synth to your
SBLive!through midi, and you connect its audio
output to an amp or miser or whatever. Then you
play somethin on your synth into Cubase and
record it, and when you play it back in cubase it'll
control your synth.

Peaceout,

Peter

Message 3/5                 Date: 05-Dec-00  @  03:59 PM   -   RE: Midi Output problems

dj_a

Sounds to me like Cubase is directed to one of the two onboard midi synths or the Creative s/w synth that are part of your Live! Platinum package.

You need to make sure the output port for the track you have written or are playing your keyboard through is set to SBLive! Midi out B330 (Can't remember the actual name, but it's something like that) by selecting it in the output column of the track you're trying to send.

Hope that makes sense!

Message 4/5                 Date: 06-Dec-00  @  01:44 AM   -   RE: Midi Output problems

casparproject

Link?: Link

I'm sorry man. You're question was legit, and my
answer was stupid. Please forgive me.

Message 5/5                 Date: 06-Dec-00  @  02:20 AM   -   RE: Midi Output problems

Lxg

Well Ive sorted the problem, I set the Channel to "Any" and adjusted the Midi Options on the CS6X,
Happy Sequencing Me thinks,

Thanks for the Advice Lads

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum