0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Theory / composition / technique

Subject: Boosting harmonics in frequencies

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 28-Oct-00  @  12:28 AM   -   Boosting harmonics in frequencies

0/d

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

just wondering about something,I've been mucking about with a track for the past few days,mixing stuff together and sampling little melodies and layering them up taking away frequencys and boosting others in different samples etc,and there is this wicked little melody kinda floating around underneath the track (i think its a result of the frequencies phasing in and out)its very subliminal though and i've been trying to recreate the melody on a different voice.The notes its creating are kind of highly detuned and have a kind of soft pulse sound to it.I tried picking out notes and stuff but i can't get them.Anyone know if its possible to isolate this melody and "boost" it somehow?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 28-Oct-00  @  04:31 PM   -   RE: Boosting harmonics in frequencies

k

Link?:  No link

eq the whole stereo mix to emphasise the harmonic riff... (if youve no stereo eq available to bridge the outs then record it as a file (although going to digital might make some of the harmonic's dissapear.... i've had exactly the same experience where layered synths suddenly intruduced a new melody of harminic content.. it took me a while to work it out note by note..

Message 3/3                 Date: 31-Oct-00  @  07:02 PM   -   RE: Boosting harmonics in frequencies

0/d

Link?:  Link

nah,i can't record it because it is barely audible(it does sound a lot better on tape though),i got my sister to see if she could hear it because i was thinking i was just imaging it and she noticed it,so i guess i'll have to pick out the notes one by one,any tips on how to program my synth to match this sound,3 multi sampled an1x patches created it so should i be able to program this sound with it?

oh,i don't have outboard eq but i have eq on my sampler peakdip/hi+lo shelve and loads of filters could i use this to emphasis the harmonics?how would i do this without muffling or distorting its shape?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum